Any experience with: gurgling, not eating or drinking, runny poo

I just palpated his breast area and I think he a 1. I am getting a little worried now. He's too light for my scale to weigh, will try again tomorrow. He is coughing as well.

I am not able to find any avian vets in my area that are certified in the link on Kathy's tag line. I had to make 5 calls today just to find someone to see them. One place said they only see "pet chickens" not "flock chickens", which I thought made no sense. I got two antibiotic powders from the feed store and gave him some electrolyte mix, just a few cc's. Stools have returned to watery state.

Does he shake his head? Maybe gape worm if you are not seeing discharge, gape worm is very tricky, hope he is better soon!

I am not able to find any avian vets in my area that are certified in the link on Kathy's tag line. I had to make 5 calls today just to find someone to see them. One place said they only see "pet chickens" not "flock chickens", which I thought made no sense. I got two antibiotic powders from the feed store and gave him some electrolyte mix, just a few cc's. Stools have returned to watery state.

You are confusing me... Why do you need the "flock" to be seen? I thought just the rooster was sick.

-Kathy

That's not what I said. I said the vet office I called said they don't see "flock chickens". Whatever that means. They would not see him because he is a part of a flock of which I would eat their eggs. I'm not making this up.

Back
Top Bottom