Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
went ice fishing both Saturday and Sunday, on Saturday we went out for perch and it was a really good day, (i caught around 30 and kept 8) but where guessing a big pike or dog fish (burbot) was around stole 2 hooks from my uncle and took a huge herring or smelt form me, (also my grandpa caught a 15 pound pike on a tip up really nice to see) then Sunday we went out for pike and caught 4 all day between 5 people, kept 2 for the smoker back home. :) 
I ice fished on Munising Bay .... Lake Superior on Saturday. We caught a mess of smelt on halis tipped with wax worms. Also caught one Coho Salmon and one Splake....

I ice fished on Munising Bay .... Lake Superior on Saturday. We caught a mess of smelt on halis tipped with wax worms. Also caught one Coho Salmon and one Splake....
that is awesome, we try for splake in the summer (as we have no splake near me for about a 5 hour drive), never caught one but would love to catch one :)

Sounds like you had a good weakened.
thumbsup.gif
ya it was pretty good fishing, too bad the ice is now rotten to fish on :)

that is awesome, we try for splake in the summer (as we have no splake near me for about a 5 hour drive), never caught one but would love to catch one :)  

Yup... They are fun.... Bite very willingly and are decent eating.
Not as good brook trout.... But get bigger

I live in Texas so no ice fishing for me.
well bummer.... Ice fishing is the best. I've moved on to steelhead now.

Back
Top Bottom