Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

You slide a heavy bullet style artificial worm weight up your line. Then you cut about an 12” piece of soft white braided rope. Unravel about 3 or 4 strands and tie them in the middle with your fishing line so when the rope is folded in half the lure is about 6” long. The weight will slide down to the rope just like your fishing with a Texas rig plastic worm. You then comb out the braided line so each hair like strand is loose. That’s your lure. You cast it in front of a Needle Nose Gar and jig it while reeling in. When they hit it the rope gets tangled in their teeth and they can’t get loose. Works every time. I’ve never had one get away.

Here we use noose tied wire, size depends on what size gar you are fishing for, smaller gar taste better in red sauce (like sauce picante ) with bait tied to wire. Works pretty well here, same idea as above.

Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies. I started out bass and bream fishing as a kid but have mainly inshore fished ever since. I started offshore fishing a lot 5 years ago and it is my favorite. We catch snapper, cobia, and kings mostly and occasionally get some dolphin when we find floating grass.

My transom tore up on my big boat so I didn't get to go offshore last year. Hopefully I'll get it fixed before next summer. I put a new motor on my little boat and I've been gigging a bunch of flounder recently. It's a lot of fun. Here's one before I gigged him.

20200810_211230.jpg

I do a little bit of bass fishing but not much. Usually I wait until fall and catch them on live shrimp. Here's a video of some I caught a few years back in the fall.....

Last edited:
Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies. I started out bass and bream fishing as a kid but have mainly inshore fished ever since. I started offshoe fishing a lot 5 years ago and it is my favorite. We catch snapper, cobia, and kings mostly and occasionally get some dolphin when we find floating grass.

My transom tore up on my big boat so I didn't get to go offshore last year. Hopefully I'll get it fixed before next summer. I put a new motor on my little boat and I've been gigging a bunch of flounder recently. It's a lot of fun. Here's one before I gigged him.

View attachment 2390034

I do a little bit of bass fishing but not much. Usually I wait until fall and catch them on live shrimp. Here's a video of some I caught a few years back in the fall.....

Wow that video was some of the most fun I've have watching a film in a long time. Talk about catching fish in a barrel, you got a good bite every time you cast out. Looked like some nice fish as well. Bet you had a great time!
That flounder pic brought back some great memories as a kid, gigging flounder in the Gulf.

Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies. I started out bass and bream fishing as a kid but have mainly inshore fished ever since. I started offshoe fishing a lot 5 years ago and it is my favorite. We catch snapper, cobia, and kings mostly and occasionally get some dolphin when we find floating grass.

View attachment 2390034

grilled
The taste of grilled flounder is my favorite :drool.

Wow that video was some of the most fun I've have watching a film in a long time. Talk about catching fish in a barrel, you got a good bite every time you cast out. Looked like some nice fish as well. Bet you had a great time!
That flounder pic brought back some great memories as a kid, gigging flounder in the Gulf.
Yeah it was a lot of fun, they were stacked up on that point. I actually already had a limit in my livewell before I tried that point but I was able to cull a lot of the smaller ones.

This is the kind of fishing I do most often now (when I'm not offshore). Live shrimp under a popping cork...

Yeah it was a lot of fun, they were stacked up on that point. I actually already had a limit in my livewell before I tried that point but I was able to cull a lot of the smaller ones.

This is the kind of fishing I do most often now (when I'm not offshore). Live shrimp under a popping cork...

I would have been sooo POed, looks like you got it back at least.
(It was kinda funny :lau)
Your pics are great, they make me sigh.

Back
Top Bottom