Any Gamers Here?

Pics
NES was never popular here in the UK, it was microcomputers like zx spectrum, Sinclair and Amiga, my favourite Zelda is a link to the past followed by wind waker.
Link to the past is good but I havent played it in a while. The only version I have is on my gameboy which I havent played in a while. I usually only pick it up when the power is out

Oh...ok...I think I get it...

...its World of Warcraft + Legos. No actual plot to follow unless you're a meta gamer and big bosses with the option of raiding and PVP.

Idk still not very appealing especially since the graphics look like something my 6 year old nephew drew.
Honestly...did not like BOTW like I thought I would. Ive played all the zelda games. After I played BOTW I immediately switched to Windfish and my anger subsided. My ranking is as follows from the 5 I've played recently:

1. Twilight princess
2. Majoras mask
3. Minish cap
4. Windwaker
5. BOTW

As frustrating as Windwaker was...BOTW takes the cake. Heck it takes the bakery. I finally get a good weapon...and it breaks. You cant even repair your weapons. No potions...you have to cook them. Dont get me started on the broken rupee system. Oh and the prize for collecting all the poo? A giant turd. Botw is a giant turd.

Seems aggressive and reductionist over some really critically acclaimed/popular games but OK. XD

Just don't play open world/exploration games. :p Like if Wind Waker is your second least favorite I would never suggest BOTW - the open world feeling of both is similar. For pretending to be open world, Twilight Princess was remarkably linear. But open world games are popular for a reason and fun for a lot of people. You should think about what you like in a game and look for games that meet those needs, not just buy games because they're in a franchise.

Sounds like you just need games with as few collection/travel elements and as linear/goal focused gameplay as possible. Plenty of those out there. Not my favorite, but still plenty of really valid and good games.

Do you like JRPGs? Or do you need something more action based?

Seems aggressive and reductionist over some really critically acclaimed/popular games but OK. XD

Just don't play open world/exploration games. :p Like if Wind Waker is your second least favorite I would never suggest BOTW - the open world feeling of both is similar. For pretending to be open world, Twilight Princess was remarkably linear. But open world games are popular for a reason and fun for a lot of people. You should think about what you like in a game and look for games that meet those needs, not just buy games because they're in a franchise.

Sounds like you just need games with as few collection/travel elements and as linear/goal focused gameplay as possible. Plenty of those out there. Not my favorite, but still plenty of really valid and good games.

Do you like JRPGs? Or do you need something more action based?
What are Jrpgs? I used to play WoW. Had a level 80 warrior tank on burning blade. I was in one of the top 5 raiding guilds. Then the guild broke up...then me and my boyfriend of 5 years who I played with broke up...then I just sort of lost interest: no one to raid with and no one to play with. Now I cant go back because I know how addicted I was and how much time I wasted. I like rpg games. I loved Skyrim and thats open world. I'm just more of a player that likes to live as a BA. I like to have a goal and get to it. I loved Katamari Damacy, Okami, Zelda...these are all games I can play over and over. I love a feeling of satisfaction when the game is won...didnt have that with BOTW...the castle remained dark and foreboding.

What are Jrpgs? I used to play WoW. Had a level 80 warrior tank on burning blade. I was in one of the top 5 raiding guilds. Then the guild broke up...then me and my boyfriend of 5 years who I played with broke up...then I just sort of lost interest: no one to raid with and no one to play with. Now I cant go back because I know how addicted I was and how much time I wasted. I like rpg games. I loved Skyrim and thats open world. I'm just more of a player that likes to live as a BA. I like to have a goal and get to it. I loved Katamari Damacy, Okami, Zelda...these are all games I can play over and over. I love a feeling of satisfaction when the game is won...didnt have that with BOTW...the castle remained dark and foreboding.

Japanese RPGs. So the most commonly cited one is Final Fantasy but also Xenogears, legend of dragoon, the Tales series, Grandia, Kingdom Hearts, Lunar, vagrant story... They've changed over the years. But the idea of a main story with sidequests, progressive levels, and a fairly linear progress-driven/conversation based main story are big highlights.

You may enjoy FFXV. It's "open world" but only technically. (Lots of sidequests, linear story like skyrim.) The story and progress is good and the gameplay feels very active and engaging.

I would also hazard that I don't think WOW is anything like Minecraft/similar games. There's not a lot of RNG once the world has spawned. I'd describe Minecraft as more rougelike.

I played ff6 up to the midpoint - don't want to spoiler for anyone planning to play it, but shortly after setzer joins your team and you square off with kefka properly...never been too into JRPGs but certainly enjoying this one; a good old CRPG like Baldurs gate or Icewind dale though?Absolutely! 120 hours in to Icewind dale and only half way through 😲

Honestly...did not like BOTW like I thought I would. Ive played all the zelda games. After I played BOTW I immediately switched to Windfish and my anger subsided. My ranking is as follows from the 5 I've played recently:

1. Twilight princess
2. Majoras mask
3. Minish cap
4. Windwaker
5. BOTW

As frustrating as Windwaker was...BOTW takes the cake. Heck it takes the bakery. I finally get a good weapon...and it breaks. You cant even repair your weapons. No potions...you have to cook them. Dont get me started on the broken rupee system. Oh and the prize for collecting all the poo? A giant turd. Botw is a giant turd.
Rofl.
Yeah.....so Hesku is a jerk. Hence why I haven't bothered with Korok seeds very much. To be fair you get upgrades as you spend them butttt.....Hesku is also a greedy tree. When it gets to thirty flipping seeds for one pocket upgrade, yeah. Gets a bit sad.

My three big problems with BOTW are firstly the limited pocket size for clothes (what if you want to get ALL the DLC and amiibo card clothes???), meals, ect.
Secondly how easy it is. Even on Master Mode. Those terrifying cute little Bokoblins that run around with little clubs.
And thirdly the fact you can't actually finish the game. You kill Ganon and he just says 'Nope!' and respawns in the castle. Go save Zelda again, Link.
True, that's how Zelda games have been before. But I don't like it.

Graphics can be a bit painful on the WiiU too. But that's kinda my fault for not bothering to get a switch.

I have to say I loved Ocarina Of Time. That was the first Zelda game I completed.
Then I played Majora's mask. Didn't like it much at first, but eventually got into it. I never completed it because the game cartridge was lost. Now I want to play it again.

I actually also played Triforce Heroes. About the saddest Zelda game ever. Only played it so I could glitch into the out of bounds areas. Which says all you need to know about that game. Plus the online was full of salty people that wouldn't co-operate. People that would leave halfway. People that would pick you up and chuck you off cliffs.
Yeah. Online for a Zelda game?

Recently started playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the WiiU. I left off for a bit since I had to level up to fight a boss and couldn't be bothered. I have no patience.

TL;DR. Hestu is a troll.

Japanese RPGs. So the most commonly cited one is Final Fantasy but also Xenogears, legend of dragoon, the Tales series, Grandia, Kingdom Hearts, Lunar, vagrant story... They've changed over the years. But the idea of a main story with sidequests, progressive levels, and a fairly linear progress-driven/conversation based main story are big highlights.

You may enjoy FFXV. It's "open world" but only technically. (Lots of sidequests, linear story like skyrim.) The story and progress is good and the gameplay feels very active and engaging.

I would also hazard that I don't think WOW is anything like Minecraft/similar games. There's not a lot of RNG once the world has spawned. I'd describe Minecraft as more rougelike.
Not into FF. I played 7 and liked it until I had to fight Sephy. He killed me so many times with that stupid meteor I finally gave up and got the Golden Chokobo. Then I played FF4...and hated it. Gave it up rather quickly. I like some turn based RPGs like pokemon but I guess I'm a picky gamer. I like puzzles a lot. I loved the monkey island games. Never played kingdom hearts...too much Disney for me. I watched a friend play it and just thought "no thanks".

Back
Top Bottom