Any Gamers Here?

Pics
No Destiny here but we have a friend that likes it. Not sure if hes playing one or two. Just picked up Sonic Unleashed. Its fun but difficult. Last Sonic game I played was for Dreamcast so I was super excited when I found this. The voice acting is TERRIBLE but thats pretty much on point. Also Sonic is waaaay to fast...to the point I was like whoa I hope all the levels arent like this. Still starting with werehog sonic but already the fighting is different. I dont like that if an enemy damages you it gains life from your coins and I really dont like the memorization of buttons bit so far it is still fun

I've played animal crossing and I know it is popular but...i dont get it. I found it boring actually. Perhaps you could explain the appeal to me? It seemed from what I played it was one day at a time and every day was less enthusiastic than my own life

In the deluge of the holiday I missed this.

I think it's kinda hard to explain. It's charming on it's own - watching blathers panic over bugs or having a villager clap when you catch a big fish or listening to the bad puns... (I just caught a Long Locust! Or as I like to call it... A loooooooooocust!) But I think the big thing is it's very no strings attached and perpetually upbeat. You're given goals (house payments, collections to fill, etc.) and the means to complete them and just... Let run amok. But unlike many games there's no consequences. The worst thing that can happen to you is a mild annoyance like getting stung by bees or stuck in a pitfall (classic only). You just get to live a simple happy life with your friends without anything bad happening. You can collect and build and mess around to your hearts content and everything is happy and joyful all the time.

I mean, if you dislike sandbox and collecting, it's not going to be appealing at all. Because that's 98% of the game is just retrofitting your island or town or campground and building beautiful places to visit and collecting things and just chilling with charming animals who wear suits and wish you a good day. And that sounds like a great time to me. Very relaxing. Very wish my real life was just fishing and dancing with adorable cats wearing ties and frogs wearing frog hats.... But not great to everyone.

In the deluge of the holiday I missed this.

I think it's kinda hard to explain. It's charming on it's own - watching blathers panic over bugs or having a villager clap when you catch a big fish or listening to the bad puns... (I just caught a Long Locust! Or as I like to call it... A loooooooooocust!) But I think the big thing is it's very no strings attached and perpetually upbeat. You're given goals (house payments, collections to fill, etc.) and the means to complete them and just... Let run amok. But unlike many games there's no consequences. The worst thing that can happen to you is a mild annoyance like getting stung by bees or stuck in a pitfall (classic only). You just get to live a simple happy life with your friends without anything bad happening. You can collect and build and mess around to your hearts content and everything is happy and joyful all the time.

I mean, if you dislike sandbox and collecting, it's not going to be appealing at all. Because that's 98% of the game is just retrofitting your island or town or campground and building beautiful places to visit and collecting things and just chilling with charming animals who wear suits and wish you a good day. And that sounds like a great time to me. Very relaxing. Very wish my real life was just fishing and dancing with adorable cats wearing ties and frogs wearing frog hats.... But not great to everyone.
Idk to me that's almost Second Life. I just dont see the appeal of it even from your description other than lonely gamers enjoyong the comfort of people that dont exist. Idk maybe I'm too old but I just dont get it.

It has online play, both with friends or strangers.
I've stayed away from the online play on New Horizons. I don't have any friends that play AC, and judging by my experience of ACNL online play, it's going to be terrible.

The open islands were filled with salty people, toddlers, and hackers. Because hooray. It's a 3+ game! Guess I didn't expect people to take that literally.
It's true they might have made some changes, but I'm not even going there. It's one of the things that soured my animal crossing experience.

everything is happy and joyful all the time.
Not for my villagers.

Pretty sure I spent 80% of playing time trapping them on bridges, hitting them with nets, making them fall into pitfall seeds, talking to them while bees were chasing me, and giving them trash.

Only the nasty ones. I didn't do it to Marshal, Iggly or Mitzi. They got special treatment.

What I like about Animal Crossing is that there's actually a lot to it. It took a long time for me to learn everything about New Leaf.

Even the little things like how to make a pattern on a tree stump? What flower combinations to put together to make purple pansies? (I've forgotten.) How long I took to realize that I can build a police station. Idk. It gave me a happy few years of play.

It has online play, both with friends or strangers.
I've stayed away from the online play on New Horizons. I don't have any friends that play AC, and judging by my experience of ACNL online play, it's going to be terrible.

The open islands were filled with salty people, toddlers, and hackers. Because hooray. It's a 3+ game! Guess I didn't expect people to take that literally.
It's true they might have made some changes, but I'm not even going there. It's one of the things that soured my animal crossing experience.

Not for my villagers.

Pretty sure I spent 80% of playing time trapping them on bridges, hitting them with nets, making them fall into pitfall seeds, talking to them while bees were chasing me, and giving them trash.

Only the nasty ones. I didn't do it to Marshal, Iggly or Mitzi. They got special treatment.

What I like about Animal Crossing is that there's actually a lot to it. It took a long time for me to learn everything about New Leaf.

Even the little things like how to make a pattern on a tree stump? What flower combinations to put together to make purple pansies? (I've forgotten.) How long I took to realize that I can build a police station. Idk. It gave me a happy few years of play.
Thats hilarious! I didnt know you could do that...now I get it lol. On a side note I really wanna play Untitled Goose Game but I have to wait and see if they release a hard copy version. I dont have a nintendo account😕

I'm sorry you find so many peoples preferred leisure activities to be sad and pointless. :T :idunno
I dont mean to offend its just my opinion that if you find life disappointing you immerse yourself in one where you're awesome and thats kinda sad. Maybe I'm looking at it from a different perspective but that's just the way that particular game seems to me. As for another topic I'm finding Sonic Unleased quite difficult. Especially combat and Sonic regular form is suuuuuper fast which makes him hard to maneuver.

Back
Top Bottom