Any good quail recipes?

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
As in my previous post about duck meat I want to learn how to cook different meats besides the regular ol meats.Im gonna raise quail soon and I know ill have to butch alot so are there any good recipes for quail?it can be the eggs or the animal itself.

I'm about to cull some extra boys right now...I like mine wrapped in bacon on the grill.
droolin.gif
They're also good fried or in mushroom gravy.

Roasted Quail

1-2 per person.

Per 2 quail:

3 tbsp shreaded Cheese (I perfer Havarti or apple smoked gouda, hubby likes with a creamy blue cheese, both work equally well)

Finely minced apple about 1/4th inch cubes, 1/2 tsp

Almonds, slivered, 1/2 tsp

In a bowl mix your cheese, nuts, & apple stuffing. stuff into the cavity of cleaned quail.

Wrap each quail in a thin wrapping of salt pork (processing quail often rips the skin off, so the salt pork adds moistness and fat you loose without the skin.

Put the quail into a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes (to crisp up the salt pork, then drop the temp to 325 and finish another 10-15 mins, untill the thermomoter says 160.

Pull from heat, let rest say 5 mins while tossing the salad.

Quote:
Thankyou so much!!!!!!!Ill make sure to wright this down.when you go to market basket or some other food stores 4 little quail is like $11.
ep.gif

I wrap the quail breast with a couple pieces of salt pork or bacon and throw on the grill.....

2nd fav way is to line them all up in a baking pan, lay the bacon over the breast, put a piece of swiss cheese over them then cover everything with cream of mushroom soup and bake for 40 minutes at 375
smile.png

ps. saddina, i know cream of mushroom is pretty close to gravy.... and yes you can substitute gravy for that
smile.png
brat childe
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom