Any guesses how far along this egg is?

Kitkatk8

Chirping
Apr 1, 2020
ETA. - 2 pictures below

Can be anywhere from 11-15 I guess. Silkie sitting on adopted eggs. Apologies I know this isn’t the best picture but this is the result of a rather janky candling situation and a very excited 6 year old photographer :)
04DAFDAF-75A9-42FD-9E3B-7C1A1548D9D4.jpeg
E2EE68E7-3880-47BD-84CE-73103D44A44C.jpeg

Based on aircell size and the darkness at the bottom, I'd lean more toward 14 days.

Were you able to see a lot of movement? Or just a little bit?
Thank you so very much for your reply! (I’ve become a little obsessed with making sure these eggs are okay since losing the other three ...so truly appreciated!) the person I got them from gave them To me for my broody hen on the 16th of June and wasn’t sure of date - but I swear these look bigger than 11 days. All are moving just fine - the one pictured did clearly show its little wiggly feet and Make a few large movements - but stayed mostly in one part of the egg

I'd guess 12 days. They aren't that far along. No way they could be 15 days yet. The air cell growth doesn't give an accurate age either.
Thank you so much! That particular little guy seems to have a lot of room to move and is busy....from what I’ve read it doesn’t seem he/she would be adjusting itself so much if further along? But I truly have no idea

Thank you so much! That particular little guy seems to have a lot of room to move and is busy....from what I’ve read it doesn’t seem he/she would be adjusting itself so much if further along? But I truly have no idea
They're most active around 8-13 days in my experience. They don't move much until after day 7, and they stop moving due to lack of space around day 17. Mine always move a ton on day 12 of so.

Back
Top Bottom