Any guesses on breeds of these Ideal surprise chicks? Can be any of their standard size chickens...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LavendarFeather, Sep 8, 2013.

1. LavendarFeather

LavendarFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2012
    They are 3 and a half weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    Chick 1 - head is a red-rust color

[​IMG]
    Chick 2

[​IMG]
    Back of Chick 1, and Chick 3--looks like Barred Rock chick but with white chest.

[​IMG]
    Chick 4 All Black, including dark slate legs and feet with black wash.

[​IMG]
    Chick 5

[​IMG]
    Chick 6 on the left--feathered legs, but does not appear to be a Cochin. Langsham maybe? Always stood tall.

[​IMG]
    Chick 7 little white one.

All of these have straight combs.
    Thanks for any guesses!

Betsy

2. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Okay...here are my guesses:

Chick 1: not sure on this one...Partridge something...head is too rust for Partridge Rock, but that was my first guess

Chick 2: Looks to be a Speckled Sussex...chipmunk chick pattern with white spots coming in, beige/pink legs....if legs were yellow, I'd guess Welsummer

Chick 3: I think is still a Barred Rock...white chest will disappear...it appears to have the black wash on the front of the legs, so I don't think it is a Black Marans

Chick 4: Black Star female, pretty sure

Chick 5: Gold Star/Red Star/Red Sexlink,etc. female, pretty sure

Chick 6: Not familiar with that breed, no guess

Chick 7: White Rock

Lady of McCamley

3. LavendarFeather

LavendarFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2012
    Thank you for your input! I hadn't even thought of Speckled Sussex or White Rock--but they both make sense. The white chicks just didn't look like Leghorns to me, but I couldn't think of what else they might be. I agree totally on the sex-linked chicks. I've never had them before, but they seem to fit the descriptions quite well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by