1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Halloween Hatch-A-Longers?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by MichalBeth7, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MichalBeth7

MichalBeth7 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Wondering if anyone on here will attempt to set eggs to hatch (either by broody hen or incubator) to hatch on October 31st? It falls on a Friday this year! I am hoping to set some eggs either the 9th or the 10th! A mix of all different breeds. Hoping for some "spooky chicks"! [​IMG] (I hope I don't stir up trouble, is it considered bad luck to hatch a chick on Halloween? [​IMG] I hope not!)

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Evil witch chickens. [​IMG]

Why not. I might have mine refurbished in time. I currently have about 60 chicks but should be culling a bunch by then. Perhaps if I join, I won't have to join the NYD hatchalong this year. Last winter was brutal.

3. MichalBeth7

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, this will be my last hatch for the year. I'm new to incubating, but our winters are pretty nasty, so too much risk. [​IMG] I hope you get to join! [​IMG]

4. HugHess

HugHess Chickrack Addict

Jul 14, 2014
    Go BROWNS
    I hope to have a batch of Sumatras by next week...that should put me right around that time...if the Hens cooperate! Lol.

5. MichalBeth7

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I hope they do! Spooky Sumatras for Halloween! Good luck! [​IMG]

6. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Florida
    I have some duck and chicken eggs that should hatch on Halloween. Some Rhode island reds mixed with frizzle and some runner ducks

7. pickledpenny

pickledpenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2014
    South California
    If my new incubator comes in time, I'd like to join. Built my own last week and I'm already an addict!

8. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I'm in! I'll be setting silkies and probably a couple eggs from one of my favorite hens, a red sex (the girl in my avatar). She's getting up there in age for a sex link and I want to have her daughters.

9. Black Bird

Black Bird New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    I may join. :)

10. Black Bird

Black Bird New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    Definitely following anyways!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by