Any Hispanohablantes here?

Got a kid in HS Spanish right now. You are a brave soul to commit to teaching raging walking hormones. Thank you for trying to educate our future.
Es mi placer (It's my pleasure). I'm in my 26th year of education and High Schoolers are probably my favorite group. I thoroughly enjoy teaching Español to my students, and I try to make it fun and stimulating with different activities. Most of my kids are good sports and willingly participate in the activities.

What's your student demographic look like? In my son's class, there are 2 gringos. the rest are all Hispanic and from what he says are all native Spanish speakers. We're in AZ, so Spanish is prevalent here. Even I know enough to minimally get my point across most of the time conversationally, even if my pronunciation is terrible. He does better.

I have a mini Mexican in 7th grade Spanish class. He is probably one of the only ones In the class who doesn't speak Spanish fluently at home.

What's your student demographic look like? In my son's class, there are 2 gringos. the rest are all Hispanic and from what he says are all native Spanish speakers. We're in AZ, so Spanish is prevalent here. Even I know enough to minimally get my point across most of the time conversationally, even if my pronunciation is terrible. He does better.
I'm in PA and in a very rural area of the state. Our high school only has about 300 students in grades 9-12. My average class size is about 15 students and we are predominantly white. Ironically, only 20 minutes north we have a town called Mifflin which is probably 85% Latino due to the fact that we have a chicken processing plant in the town that employs migrant workers. That is in a different school district, so their ESL program is very active as students come in and learn to speak English. But overall, our demographics are pretty much white here in this district.

I’ve been learning it on DuoLingo but I only just started so I’m not very good yet 😂 I did take it in middle school and high school but that was well over 10 years ago also I’ve forgotten most. Even then I wasn’t very good at it 😂🙈 I did find a Spanish textbook at the dump for free so that was a score hah

I’ve been learning it on DuoLingo but I only just started so I’m not very good yet 😂 I did take it in middle school and high school but that was well over 10 years ago also I’ve forgotten most. Even then I wasn’t very good at it 😂🙈 I did find a Spanish textbook at the dump for free so that was a score hah
lol I graduated 30 years ago this year. Yer a young'un :p

Back
Top Bottom