Any Home Bakers Here?

@ViolinPlayer123 Great looking cake and Happy Birthday
@R2elk Bob, both of your creations look scrumptious :drool
@AllenK@new2this I use one of these for making kraut. I salt and muddle it and let it set out until juice forms, then immerse it in the juice in the crock. Put the lid on and fill the ring with distilled or filtered water and put in a cool dark place. Keep the ring full as it's the airlock. I like this recipe the best.

A lot of folks in the Chicago land area will wash the kraut and cut it either 25% or 50% with fresh grated cabbage, while others will not wash and will include the brine with the fresh cabbage. They'll add onion, garlic and Irish potatoes along with fresh and smoked polish sausage and cook in a slow cooker pretty much all day. Of course, the sausage comes from an eastern European deli and not wally world.

If I missed anyone, I'm soo sorry, internet was going wonky and i lost all my quotes.:th

ETA: Ron I can't wait to hear how the waxing goes. I use a double boiler (bowl dedicated to wax and a dedicated wax brush.

@ViolinPlayer123 Great looking cake and Happy Birthday
@R2elk Bob, both of your creations look scrumptious :drool
@AllenK@new2this I use one of these for making kraut. I salt and muddle it and let it set out until juice forms, then immerse it in the juice in the crock. Put the lid on and fill the ring with distilled or filtered water and put in a cool dark place. Keep the ring full as it's the airlock. I like this recipe the best.

A lot of folks in the Chicago land area will wash the kraut and cut it either 25% or 50% with fresh grated cabbage, while others will not wash and will include the brine with the fresh cabbage. They'll add onion, garlic and Irish potatoes along with fresh and smoked polish sausage and cook in a slow cooker pretty much all day. Of course, the sausage comes from an eastern European deli and not wally world.

If I missed anyone, I'm soo sorry, internet was going wonky and i lost all my quotes.:th

ETA: Ron I can't wait to hear how the waxing goes. I use a double boiler (bowl dedicated to wax and a dedicated wax brush.
Wow that pot looks so small we consume about 4 liters of Kraut monthly in this family. #krautaholic would probably be an awesome hashtag for us that and lowensenf. Thankfully my ethnic isle stocks Lowensenf at HEB. Grey Poupon is closeish but doesn't have the right bite!

Wow that pot looks so small we consume about 4 liters of Kraut monthly in this family. #krautaholic would probably be an awesome hashtag for us that and lowensenf. Thankfully my ethnic isle stocks Lowensenf at HEB. Grey Poupon is closeish but doesn't have the right bite!
They come in MANY sizes...;) The 20 liter weighs 35 pounds for shipping and 26 pounds out of the box. This site has a pretty good review of different methods and containers.

I think I got it mixed up with Valentine's Day! :lol:
IMG_9345.JPG
IMG_9349.JPG

Back
Top Bottom