Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Hi everyone! I've been reading along here and here when I can, just haven't really been posting. Last week I did manage to make a loaf of whole wheat sourdough, made some whole wheat bread with the daycare and made pizza. Obviously not on the same day [​IMG]. I was wondering if anyone has a good peanut butter cookie recipe? I saw the pb cutout cookie recipe, but I've been looking for a good pb cookie recipie. I've tried a few on Pinterest, but they haven't been amazing. I hope your all doing well!

2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    The recipe I posted is a regular peanut butter cookie recipe:

Aunt Abbies Peanut butter Cookies

1C. Butter 2t. Baking soda
    1C. Brown Sugar ½t. Salt
    1C. Granulated Sugar 3C flour
    1C. Peanut Butter
    2 Eggs

Cream together Butter, brown sugar, Granulated sugar & eggs. Sift together the dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stir. Form dough into balls and smash with fork dipped in a bowl of sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350°.

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi @Alice28 , good to see you here again! [​IMG]

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @Alice28 I would try ronott 1 's recipe from her Aunt Abby. The PB cut outs turned out good, but kinda hard texture. Next time I plan to try hers which look like a softer cookie. Using my new cutters was my goal, but I think her recipe looks better.

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Made a Creamy Lemon Pie today, not new, but DH wanted it. Didn't realize the recipe is now on the Real Lemon Bottles. It is so easy, and always good [​IMG]

6. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
    1 CUP BUTTER SOFTENED
    1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
    1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
    2 EGGS
    1TEASPOON VANILLA
    1TEASPOON BAKING SODA
    1/2 TEASPOON SALT
    2-1/2 CUPS FLOUR

BEAT PEANUT BUTTER AND BUTTER UNTIL SMOOTH. ADD SUGARS, VANILLA AND EGGS, BEAT UNTIL WELL BLENDED. MIX DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND ADD TO SUGAR MIXTURE. ROLL DOUGH INTO 1'' BALLS AND THEN ROLL IN SUGAR. PLACE 2'' APART ON UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET. PRESS FLAT WITH A FORK IN A CRISS-CROSS PATTERN. BAKE @ 375*ABOUT 10-12 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM BAKING SHEET IMMEDIATELY.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I like to make peanut butter cookies but instead of putting the x on them with a fork, I just roll, bake and then right out of the oven, put an unwrapped peanut butter cup (the mini size ones) on top of the cookie. You get the soft pb cookie and then the chocolatey/pb taste from the cup. They're sort of like the peanut butter blossoms but we like the pb cups instead of the plain Hersey Kiss on the Blossoms.

8. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    I've done them that way also...yum!

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] @DigMyChicks !

10. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Thank you! I'm going to make both PB cookie recipes and see if I have a favorite! Usually at Christmas time I make cookie plates as gifts, but I've been lazy on how many cookies I'm making. I need a peanut butter cookie to add to the mix!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by