Any Home Bakers Here?

I was going to try corned venison and cabbage and I was going to have mashed potatoes with it.

The meat itself is 3 inches thick, and it weighs around 5 pounds. According to the recipe, it needs to brine for 5 days. Other sources said to brine it for different lengths of time, so I am not sure what is correct. I think 5 days sounds about right. Tomorrow will be day three of brining.

Jared

I was going to try corned venison and cabbage and I was going to have mashed potatoes with it.

The meat itself is 3 inches thick, and it weighs around 5 pounds. According to the recipe, it needs to brine for 5 days. Other sources said to brine it for different lengths of time, so I am not sure what is correct. I think 5 days sounds about right. Tomorrow will be day three of brining.

Jared
Don’t you just love it when no one can agree on what is right?

Dear canners,
It is typically a bad idea to pressure can pasta (and anymore, any sort of flour or thickener) in a broth base. However, I am curious about dry pasta canned with tomato sauce. Would it still turn out gummy/gross?
Dried pasta is already preserved--it does not need to be preserved by canning and will take up more space.

Back
Top Bottom