Any Home Bakers Here?

@fowlmouthgirls
   I bet it is a great selling point.  Personally I really never knew what a difference fresh eggs made in baking until I got my own flock.
Would love to see some of the cakes you bake. ( love your BYC name!)
@OnlyOrps
   those look wonderful.   A great idea to Bake 'N Take and much better than the junk food at quick stops along the way.  
Raspberry Lemonade sounds so interesting, would you post the recipe?

Yeah homemade junk food had to be somewhat healthier than store bought lol at least I could pronounce the ingredients in the cookies! Here is the raspberry lemonade recipe...
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
.5 Cup powdered sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup raspberries(previously frozen mush up better but fresh works too)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets or use wax paper.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to blend.

In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice raspberries and vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions and beat just until moist clumps form. Gather the dough together into a ball.

Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart.

@fowlmouthgirls
   I bet it is a great selling point.  Personally I really never knew what a difference fresh eggs made in baking until I got my own flock.
Would love to see some of the cakes you bake. ( love your BYC name!)

Thank you! I'd love to share :)

Beautiful cakes @fowlmouthgirls and love the funny ones too. You really are good!

@NorthFLChick Thanks , added basil, oregano and garlic..was pretty good but not great, doctored it up for a second try tomorrow.

@OnlyOrps Sounds good, will have to try the raspberry lemon cookies.

@fowlmouthgirls Those cakes are works of art!
clap.gif
Too beautiful to even think about cutting, but bet they taste as good as they look..
droolin.gif

@NorthFLChick Thanks , added basil, oregano and garlic..was pretty good but not great, doctored it up for a second try tomorrow.

@OnlyOrps Sounds good, will have to try the raspberry lemon cookies.

@fowlmouthgirls Those cakes are works of art!
clap.gif
Too beautiful to even think about cutting, but bet they taste as good as they look..
droolin.gif

This makes a very tasty sauce:

That does sound good. The slow cooker for 8-9 hours is going to really make it flavorful.
My son had some leftover grouper marinara and said it was better the next day- and the day after that. (It was a lot of food--only because I restrained myself.
wink.png
)

I make the pdf and use the insert attachment tool from the tool bar. The icon looks like a paperclip.

I think a golden feather membership is needed to insert attachments.
Thanks for info. Just noticed I changed from flock master to golden feather….don't know how. Will have to investigate that. May be a mistake?

Back
Top Bottom