Any Home Bakers Here?

yes the more bakers the better, but not at the same time in the same kitchen!
just baked a yellow cake to fill and decorate for our early Father's Day dinner tonight---hubby's favorite with cherry filling and white icing

Ooh, that cake sounds good!

Do you spread cherry pie filling between the layers?

put a ring of icing around the top edge of the bottom layer to hold in the filling. I use cherry pie filling, but chop it up a little so the cherries aren't whole but not pureed.

yes the more bakers the better, but not at the same time in the same kitchen!
just baked a yellow cake to fill and decorate for our early Father's Day dinner tonight---hubby's favorite with cherry filling and white icing
Oh that sounds like it ought to hit the spot for Fathers day.

My dh likes Key Lime pie so I am going to make a Key lime cheese cake. for him and my dad they will have to share.
smile.png

Hi @Chicks Galore3 , sure you can join us...the more bakers the better!

What do you like to bake? Feel free to share recipes, photos, etc.
My favorites are breads like banana bread/zucchini bread and muffins. I'll have to share my pumpkin muffin recipe...It is SO GOOD! The best part is some of my family members don't like pumpkin so I get to keep them for myself!
lol.png

My favorites are breads like banana bread/zucchini bread and muffins. I'll have to share my pumpkin muffin recipe...It is SO GOOD! The best part is some of my family members don't like pumpkin so I get to keep them for myself!
lol.png
I love pumpkin in cookies and muffins but not pie. I made a pumpkin cheese cake too boy was it good.
Love to see your Pumpkin muffin recipe. [my family isn't crazy about pumpkin anything other than pie so I get to have it for myself too]
highfive.gif

my husband is a poor eater for healthy things--so I take a chocolate cake mix and mix it with a 16 oz can of pumpkin puree, add a little water if needed. Bake in muffins or as a cake---he doesn't even know he's getting healthy fiber--no oil or eggs-just the cake mix and pumpkin

my husband is a poor eater for healthy things--so I take a chocolate cake mix and mix it with a 16 oz can of pumpkin puree, add a little water if needed. Bake in muffins or as a cake---he doesn't even know he's getting healthy fiber--no oil or eggs-just the cake mix and pumpkin
Interesting, good way of sneaking something healthy into something they like.

Look into one of the new fiber product for baking. There is a wheat version and a corn version. Both add fiber by replacing some of the flour in the recipe.

lol.png

Now that's a smart baker there, lol!

That's like an old lo-cal cake recipe I've had in the past. With eliminating the oil, it makes it very calorie friendly. And tasty, I've made muffins the same way. Sometimes using a box of spice cake instead of the chocolate is nice too.

thanks--I'll look for them. I wish I could get some green veggies in him without him knowing or tasting them! he has finally accepted drinking smoothies with fruit and greens. When he drinks one he acts like Mr. Nutrition

Back
Top Bottom