Any Home Bakers Here?

Does anyone have the Kitchen aid 7 or 9 speed handheld mixer? I’m looking to buy one but they are spendy. I bought a new hand held mixer this past winter and it is terrible. It pulls whatever you’re mixing over the top of the beaters. The whisk works for egg whites but that’s it.

I don't have that brand of hand mixer but if the KA one you're considering looks good to others, I'd consider getting a new one.

The hand mixer I currently have (I think it's a cheap Rival) operates at the speed of light no matter what I set it at. It flings batter everywhere.

Kitchen Aid would be worth the extra price. I have an old well used
standard Kitchen Aid and it works and works. When it needed repair my husband got a small part on internet and it works great.
Kitchen Air makes excellent mixers. I do not have a hand held.
I have an inexpensive one ....Hamilton Beach...and it works. I brought it to the Cottage and do not have one at home. Go for the
Kitchen Aid. Aria

I have the KitchenAid handheld mixer. It works great - it is the 7 speed. I lost the whisk that goes with it, which is a bummer because I used it for whipping cream all the time it is probably in the cupboard somewhere.
The beaters are rounded like a wire instead of flat like most other beaters are. It is so much easier to clean and still does an awesome job of mixing stuff.

DMC you use a hand mixer? I figured you'd have a stand mixer based on how much you bake!
I do have a KitchenAid stand mixer. I like the handheld for mashed potatoes and quick things.
I have the KitchenAid handheld mixer. It works great - it is the 7 speed. I lost the whisk that goes with it, which is a bummer because I used it for whipping cream all the time it is probably in the cupboard somewhere.
The beaters are rounded like a wire instead of flat like most other beaters are. It is so much easier to clean and still does an awesome job of mixing stuff.
Is it hard to turn on and off? Several reviews of people complaining it’s a pain. I shouldn’t read reviews. The beaters look sturdier on the 7 and 9 vs the 5.

Good to know Dreamer!

:caf I didn’t know scallop shells were used as bakeware. Has anyone ever baked something in a scallop? They are dishwasher safe too. :caf Very odd in my opinion. :caf I really am drinking coffee while typing. :caf :caf :caf

I've never had or used scallop shells. Interesting they are dishwasher safe.

Back
Top Bottom