Any Home Bakers Here?

Sorry, don't mean to sidetrack from all the goodies you guys are baking......
@Chipper Chicken , no reason for apology, IMO your information is enlightening and frightening, but most appropriate for a baking discussion.

I know a restaurant owner who used to do the baking and had to stop due to severe allergy to the flour, bet this was her problem since she can do home baking without problems, but severe respiratory problems at work - will let her know to check on the possibility and let her explore the commercial flours they purchase. I use unbleached AP flour for everything except biscuits and will explore my brand to see how they bleach that! I do find it disturbing that C2H4N4O2 is a know respiratory irritant, but our FDA has let it remain in use here because of "inadequate number of studies" to ban it..
idunno.gif

@NorthFLChick , your rolls are beautiful. I have always just pressed my dough into a rectangle and cut into roughly equal parts - some turn out big, others small, will have to try weighing next time. Thanks for directions.

@Chipper Chicken , no reason for apology, IMO your information is enlightening and frightening, but most appropriate for a baking discussion.

I know a restaurant owner who used to do the baking and had to stop due to severe allergy to the flour, bet this was her problem since she can do home baking without problems, but severe respiratory problems at work - will let her know to check on the possibility and let her explore the commercial flours they purchase. I use unbleached AP flour for everything except biscuits and will explore my brand to see how they bleach that! I do find it disturbing that C2H4N4O2 is a know respiratory irritant, but our FDA has let it remain in use here because of "inadequate number of studies" to ban it..
idunno.gif

@NorthFLChick , your rolls are beautiful. I have always just pressed my dough into a rectangle and cut into roughly equal parts - some turn out big, others small, will have to try weighing next time. Thanks for directions.

Chipper Chicken your information is good to know and very fitting for our thread. It's good to share things like that.

Thanks for the roll compliment sunflour, weighing the dough and shaping it is worth the tiny bit of extra time it takes I think.

What's for breakfast this morning? Why, Ron's yeast pancakes of course! With some of our quickly diminishing supply of the blueberries we picked earlier this year. If you guys like pancakes, you really owe it to yourself to try Ron's recipe, these are the best!

Look for post #1646 dated June 7th (page 165) for the recipe.

What's for breakfast this morning? Why, Ron's yeast pancakes of course! With some of our quickly diminishing supply of the blueberries we picked earlier this year. If you guys like pancakes, you really owe it to yourself to try Ron's recipe, these are the best!

Look for post #1646 dated June 7th (page 165) for the recipe.
NFC, thanks for the info.

Do you have the thread catalogued? Wish I had done so, there's so many great recipes and tips in here.

NFC, thanks for the info.

Do you have the thread catalogued? Wish I had done so, there's so many great recipes and tips in here.

"Catalogued"? Um, I don't know what that is or how to do it.

I copy out the recipes that I need to try and put them in my recipe program. I made a cookbook called TRY IT in the program that I put all the recipes into. If I try it and like it, it moves to TRIED AND TRUE.
big_smile.png

I am not happy with the software that I am using, but I am going to try using access to make something similar - but that works how I want it to.
Anyone have a recipe program that they use and like?

I copy out the recipes that I need to try and put them in my recipe program. I made a cookbook called TRY IT in the program that I put all the recipes into. If I try it and like it, it moves to TRIED AND TRUE.
big_smile.png

I am not happy with the software that I am using, but I am going to try using access to make something similar - but that works how I want it to.
Anyone have a recipe program that they use and like?
I don't have a program to suggest, but thanks for your input.

Early New Year's Resolution: will start printing those I think I may want to try and start a paper folder…:)

I don't have a program to suggest, but thanks for your input. 

Early New Year's Resolution:  will start printing those I think I may want to try and start a paper folder…:)

I ptint them as pdf docs and save them to drop box. I Have also added my personal recepes too.

Back
Top Bottom