Any Home Bakers Here?

Ok i see a pregnant craving coming on
1f633.png
1f601.png
Congratulations!!
jumpy.gif

I need to make some Ginger Cookies. These are not gingerbread or ginger snaps; they are a ginger and cinnamon cut-out cookie. I use a 1" bear cookie cutter and call them Ginger Bear cookies. The little size keeps them really crispy - and you can have 4 instead of just 1!!
@wyoDreamer, have you posted that recipe? If you bake some, please post pics.

Last year I did research the difference on molasses and really don't recall all the details, but think there are 3 types? The finest is very sweet and used to sweeten tea or coffee, the medium - likely the Grandma's type is for baking softer items and the blackstrap is the most robust - bottom of the pot - has the most punch and best for firmer baking like Gingerbread houses. Old timers used the Blackstrap for anemias, it is very high in iron.

Went on the search because whatever I had used before tasted awful and was looking for BS molasses to bake a flock block.
Black Strap Molasses makes very tasty bread too.

@Jesusfreak101 this seems appropriate for the baking thread:

Very happy for you and your family!

You Guys talked me into it--I am baking bread tonight and I used molasses for the sweetener!

It is Pacific time here so it is not late yet--The bread is about ready to be shaped into loves.

Back
Top Bottom