Any Home Bakers Here?

anyone got tips for cooking fish?

went fishing yesterday and came home with 5 nice yellow perch, planning to cook them tonight, for supper. any ideas are welcomed thanks :)

I would fillet and skin them. Then I would take an egg batter to put them in before putting them in flour/or meal or a combination of flour and meal. Then I would fry them. I usually add cayenne pepper, salt, lemon pepper, and whatever you like the best.

anyone got tips for cooking fish?

went fishing yesterday and came home with 5 nice yellow perch, planning to cook them tonight, for supper. any ideas are welcomed thanks :)
I almost always bake my fish at 400 degrees, and depending on the size and thickness of the fish leave it in for 15-25 min. I do not like over cooked fish, so I check it frequently. It's done the minute it flakes in the center. For seasoning, I like S & P with herbs. Dill is a favorite for fish around here.

When I'm making a white fish, I generally will make a sauce to go over it. It can be as simple as frying a half a chopped onion until it's caramelized and then adding cream and capers, to something more elaborate starting with a roux and adding the veggie trio and lots of herbs.

I personally would be careful not to add too much spice to such a mild fish, just herbs, S & P.

Alternatively, if you prefer to fry it, here is a recipe I found online by Bobby Flay. I've never used a bad recipe from him. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sauteed-lake-perch-recipe-1939477

I almost always bake my fish at 400 degrees, and depending on the size and thickness of the fish leave it in for 15-25 min. I do not like over cooked fish, so I check it frequently. It's done the minute it flakes in the center. For seasoning, I like S & P with herbs. Dill is a favorite for fish around here.

When I'm making a white fish, I generally will make a sauce to go over it. It can be as simple as frying a half a chopped onion until it's caramelized and then adding cream and capers, to something more elaborate starting with a roux and adding the veggie trio and lots of herbs.

I personally would be careful not to add too much spice to such a mild fish, just herbs, S & P.

Alternatively, if you prefer to fry it, here is a recipe I found online by Bobby Flay. I've never used a bad recipe from him. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sauteed-lake-perch-recipe-1939477
thank you, that sounds really good. never thought of a sauce (besides tartar sauce lol) :)

I would fillet and skin them. Then I would take an egg batter to put them in before putting them in flour/or meal or a combination of flour and meal. Then I would fry them. I usually add cayenne pepper, salt, lemon pepper, and whatever you like the best.
sounds really good with the lemon pepper.

if you don't mind how long would you cook them for?

Back
Top Bottom