Any Home Bakers Here?

You can do that or you can add half a cup of flour and half a cup of warm water if the jar is tall enough. Then tonight discard half (you could actually make an overnight sponge bread recipe. Lots of them in the recipes I sent) and add one cup of flour and 1 cup of water.

The starter will be ready for the fridge in the morning based on what you described.
Perfect, thank you so much!

@N F C I seemed to have lost your recipe for Salisbury steak. Do you have a link to your post?

I guess I shared it on another thread...here it is:

Simple Salisbury Steak
Patty mixture
1 pound ground beef
1/3 Cup bread crumbs (I only had panko and it worked fine)
2 tsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Gravy
2 packets brown gravy mix
2 Cup hot water
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
Optional additions for the Gravy
1 caramelized onion, roughly chopped
handful of rough chopped mushrooms

* Combine all Pattie ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands
* Heat 1 Tab olive oil in large skillet & cook patties on both sides until no longer pink
* Lower temperature to low
* In separate saucepan, whisk together gravy mix & water. Then mix in other gravy ingredients. Warm up.
* Pour gravy over patties and simmer until gravy thickens

I didn't really measure everything, just kind of "eyeballed" it all. Served it all up with some mashed potatoes. Came out tasty!

If you have a favorite brown gravy recipe, just use that and add the ketchup, Worcestershire and the additions if you'd like.

I guess I shared it on another thread...here it is:

Simple Salisbury Steak
Patty mixture
1 pound ground beef
1/3 Cup bread crumbs (I only had panko and it worked fine)
2 tsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Gravy
2 packets brown gravy mix
2 Cup hot water
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
Optional additions for the Gravy
1 caramelized onion, roughly chopped
handful of rough chopped mushrooms

* Combine all Pattie ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands
* Heat 1 Tab olive oil in large skillet & cook patties on both sides until no longer pink
* Lower temperature to low
* In separate saucepan, whisk together gravy mix & water. Then mix in other gravy ingredients. Warm up.
* Pour gravy over patties and simmer until gravy thickens

I didn't really measure everything, just kind of "eyeballed" it all. Served it all up with some mashed potatoes. Came out tasty!

If you have a favorite brown gravy recipe, just use that and add the ketchup, Worcestershire and the additions if you'd like.
Thank you!! Can't find it in my bookmarks and can't find the recipe card either.

Thank you!! Can't find it in my bookmarks and can't find the recipe card either.

When I made it as meatloaf, I doubled the recipe and patted it into loaf shape. Baked it in the oven (tented with foil for about 1/2 the time) and served the gravy on the side.

Wish I had some now :lol:

When I made it as meatloaf, I doubled the recipe and patted it into loaf shape. Baked it in the oven (tented with foil for about 1/2 the time) and served the gravy on the side.

Wish I had some now :lol:
It is definitely a favorite here. I'm going to do the same and freeze in meal size portions with the gravy. Add a salad and some potatoes in a steam bag and it's a quick meal. Hubs calls it comfort food.

Back
Top Bottom