Any Home Bakers Here?

sorry...I do not know GF stands for?
Lots of Gluten Free flours/recipies substitute potato for wheat. Sadly DD1 is also nightshade intolerant which makes GF even more difficult.

I’ve been using the KA for making dough instead of the bread machine.
Apropos of Ron's comment about acronyms!! I first read "King Arthur" (the flour brand) then switched to "Kitchen Aid" (the mixer brand) when I got to "instead of the bread machine".

I made calzones yesterday using the Fleishchmann's site recipe (can't remember who gave us that link?). The dough was easy to work with & tasty, we'll have these again.

Calzone-Dough

Calzone 1.JPG

Calzone 2.JPG

Apropos of Ron's comment about acronyms!! I first read "King Arthur" (the flour brand) then switched to "Kitchen Aid" (the mixer brand) when I got to "instead of the bread machine".
I did the same thing. And sat puzzled for a moment until my brain figured out Kitchen Aid.
Your brain is much faster than mine.

I made calzones yesterday using the Fleishchmann's site recipe (can't remember who gave us that link?). The dough was easy to work with & tasty, we'll have these again.

Calzone-Dough

View attachment 2160572

View attachment 2160573
*raises hand* I'm the troublemaker here.
Those look fabulous!

I've not played with GF pasta dough yet even though I have a pasta roller thingy that came with my KA. Kiddo likes pasta but was allergic to tomatoes until 11 and now just isn't much of a fan of anything with a tomatoey sauce. Diced small in a casserole or soup is ok though.

However as I'm staring at yours I'm beginning to wonder how a ham and pineapple pizza type calzone might go over... 🤔

*raises hand* I'm the troublemaker here.
Those look fabulous!

I've not played with GF pasta dough yet even though I have a pasta roller thingy that came with my KA. Kiddo likes pasta but was allergic to tomatoes until 11 and now just isn't much of a fan of anything with a tomatoey sauce. Diced small in a casserole or soup is ok though.

However as I'm staring at yours I'm beginning to wonder how a ham and pineapple pizza type calzone might go over... 🤔

Thank you for the site link, they have quite a few good looking recipes there!

You could stuff anything into a Calzone...give something a try and let us know what you make :) I've been eyeballing their Bierrocks and Cherry Rolls too. I need a few additional ingredients before trying them though.

Back
Top Bottom