Any Home Bakers Here?

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
You sound magnificent by the comments and advice you give. I so wish I could stand and watch all you and @ronnot1 do while baking :yesss:. I'm pretty crap at times :th
Most baking mistakes still taste good!

One of the biggest problems is getting the flour to water ratio correct. Often I do that by feel-- add flour until the bread has the right feel.

Sourdough bread is often still sticky so you go by stiffness

Sequel

Crossing the Road
Feb 17, 2015
Kitsap County, Western Washington
Hi bakers! So my circa 1995 Maytag oven is ready to bite the dust! The other day I had the door open while swapping the cookie sheets and heard a loud bang. It was so loud I thought maybe a tree had fallen on the house. My little grandson had a vacuum running a few feet away and he was still happily vacuuming and yapping at me like they do and like nothing happened. Once I got that shut off and got my bearings I figured out the spring in the oven door had broken. :gig
It still works, but the door isn’t properly closed enough, it hasn’t been able to keep a light bulb working in years, and one time I had to shut the breaker off because the touchpad controls were unresponsive and I couldn’t shut it off. I told DH no don’t order new springs for $60 each. There is a new oven in the near future for me! So if you have one you like or one you hate, I would love to hear about it!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Hi bakers! So my circa 1995 Maytag oven is ready to bite the dust! The other day I had the door open while swapping the cookie sheets and heard a loud bang. It was so loud I thought maybe a tree had fallen on the house. My little grandson had a vacuum running a few feet away and he was still happily vacuuming and yapping at me like they do and like nothing happened. Once I got that shut off and got my bearings I figured out the spring in the oven door had broken. :gig
It still works, but the door isn’t properly closed enough, it hasn’t been able to keep a light bulb working in years, and one time I had to shut the breaker off because the touchpad controls were unresponsive and I couldn’t shut it off. I told DH no don’t order new springs for $60 each. There is a new oven in the near future for me! So if you have one you like or one you hate, I would love to hear about it!
Do you have an oven or a stove with a cook top?

Top Bottom