Any Home Bakers Here?

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
I found Dutch cocoa and espresso pwd no problem but I’m going to check at a store here first cus $10 for cocoa? That’s a bit much in my opinion. Especially since we don’t use that often
The problem is the pandemic and panic buying. That and everyone suddenly being a baker!

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
The problem is the pandemic and panic buying. That and everyone suddenly being a baker!
Yeah, I keep an eye out for the flour I like and buy it if I find it. It’s about time to start baking bread fairly regularly so I want to stay ahead of the game. There was a time when there was no vanilla extract in the store, no brown sugar, etc. and it’s still slim pickins sometimes. I have to order vital wheat gluten along with the cocoa and espresso pwd.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
I did buy these though. I need options for my spices and these I can hide from sight but put them on a wall above my foil and parchment.
View attachment 2356326
My upper, corner cabinet has what looks like a raised panel door. It is actually a door within a door. The smaller door opens to reveal a spice cupboard, while the whole door opens to reveal the shelves of the corner cabinet.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Yeah, I keep an eye out for the flour I like and buy it if I find it. It’s about time to start baking bread fairly regularly so I want to stay ahead of the game. There was a time when there was no vanilla extract in the store, no brown sugar, etc. and it’s still slim pickins sometimes. I have to order vital wheat gluten along with the cocoa and espresso pwd.
It is time for more flour here too!

bruceha2000

Enabler
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
In a nutshell, I have ADHD and depression.
That part isn't news to you but nice to have a definite diagnosis.

I have espresso powder for baking. It is very good in chocolate desserts and you can make mocha flavors with it in frostings and etc.
If I did that here I'd have to eat the entire thing. Hmmm, that might be OK ;)

It may have caused my deviated septum, but it may have caused more damage than that. Possibly brain damage.

just a thought.
Oh, not good. But good to know about it since they can't hope to treat things they don't know about.

There was a time when there was no vanilla extract in the store,
There was none today. Well no "large" (4 oz) McCormick. No 2 oz either though they did have a 2 oz Watkins. Definitely an inferior product and not "pure vanilla extract".

My upper, corner cabinet has what looks like a raised panel door. It is actually a door within a door. The smaller door opens to reveal a spice cupboard, while the whole door opens to reveal the shelves of the corner cabinet.
That is really slick!

Top Bottom