Any Home Bakers Here?

Some days I feel so worthless because of all the things I can't do right now
Oh, do I know that feeling. I drive a stick shift, and couldn't drive at all. Hate that dependent feeling. I went out to try after about 6-7 weeks, and just could not move the stick. I was SO angry, I stomped back into the house and cried.

But... when you can do something again, ooh, the absolute joy! I was jumping up and down when I could tie my hair back in a ponytail after 4 months.

It is good that they took an xray. When my DW broke her wrist, they did not xray for 7 weeks after the surgery and then found out that they had missed a detached ligament. She had surgery the next day to fix it.

They tried to say that the ligaments snapped later but that is not true!

And sometimes even when they take x-rays, they miss things.

When I was about 13, had a nasty fall from my horse and hurt my wrist. X-rays were taken and they said it was just a bad sprain. In the middle of the night I woke up with the palm of my hand facing one direction and my arm facing the other. Mom took me back, the x-rays were done again and they found out I had broken 1 bone and split two others apart.

And sometimes even when they take x-rays, they miss things.

When I was about 13, had a nasty fall from my horse and hurt my wrist. X-rays were taken and they said it was just a bad sprain. In the middle of the night I woke up with the palm of my hand facing one direction and my arm facing the other. Mom took me back, the x-rays were done again and they found out I had broken 1 bone and split two others apart.
That sounds terrible!

I can understand that, it's hard to get it all done in one day.

I would love to make the chocolate chip cookies that I was talking about before, but it might have to wait until the weekend. I did make the cheese bread the other day and it is very good.

The doctor said it is healing nicely and I go back in 4 weeks. It's funny how it hurts everywhere but the surgery area. I turned my hand this morning and it hurt so bad 😢. Bob said it's my body saying don't do that.

The pain out from the surgical area is probably coming from muscles and tendons that have waited to be used. They now have to get used and become mobile again.

Time will tell the story.

My mixer did that for a while. (I ended up getting a new one, because the metal pin refused to go back in.) Check to make sure the metal pin that holds together the top and bottom is in the hole well. It's about a 3" cylinder. Good luck!
That is the first thing I check because it tried popping out on me once.
I had a problem last year (and my Floyd was still with me) and sent away for a small part. After he contacted Kitchen Aid...they said they did not have the part. Sorry I cannot be of more help...but there is a
way to repair them. Go on line and do a search (not Kitchen Aid).
Good luck. Aria
That is a common and easily fixed problem. There are screws that need to be tightened. Look for a you tube video.
I'll definitely be doing my research! I haven't used it in 1.5 years (it was in the storage unit), and couldn't remember how much it used to bump around, but this seemed like it had to be worse now.
Do you lock it down the other side has lock mine does not bounce then
Yes, I usually remember to lock it.

Thank you all for responding! I love how helpful and caring everyone is on here!!

That is the first thing I check because it tried popping out on me once.

That is a common and easily fixed problem. There are screws that need to be tightened. Look for a you tube video.
I'll definitely be doing my research! I haven't used it in 1.5 years (it was in the storage unit), and couldn't remember how much it used to bump around, but this seemed like it had to be worse now.

Yes, I usually remember to lock it.

Thank you all for responding! I love how helpful and caring everyone is on here!!
If your mixer is the tilt head model, the answer is:

And then you got a bill for $350 ;)

I'm sure it will arrive in the mail 🤦

It is good that they took an xray. When my DW broke her wrist, they did not xray for 7 weeks after the surgery and then found out that they had missed a detached ligament. She had surgery the next day to fix it.

They tried to say that the ligaments snapped later but that is not true!

That's crazy, they should always take x-rays 😲

Oh, do I know that feeling. I drive a stick shift, and couldn't drive at all. Hate that dependent feeling. I went out to try after about 6-7 weeks, and just could not move the stick. I was SO angry, I stomped back into the house and cried.

But... when you can do something again, ooh, the absolute joy! I was jumping up and down when I could tie my hair back in a ponytail after 4 months.

I haven't driven since before my stroke, lucky for me it's not a stick. I do know I you mean, there are so many things I want to do and can't yet, but I will !

The pain out from the surgical area is probably coming from muscles and tendons that have waited to be used. They now have to get used and become mobile again.

Time will tell the story.

That's pretty much what I was told at therapy today. We are working on the scar and stretching the area. Later we will work on strength training.

Back
Top Bottom