Any Home Bakers Here?

No Ron. Can you please link me?

My chicken has been out of sorts this past few days. I think it's the heat. So I've been all over the place. Thank you :)
@Marie2020 I will post the recipe here:

Plain Muffins

INGREDIENTS

2 cups white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

PREPARATION

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter muffin pans. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour; the batter should not be smooth. Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes each.

Blueberry Muffins.
Use 1/2 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries, and stir them into the batter last.

Pecan Muffins.
Use 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. After filling the cups, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and more chopped nuts.

Whole-Wheat Muffins.
Use 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour and 1 cup white flour.

Date or Raisin Muffins.
Add 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1/3 cup raisins to the batter.

Bacon Muffins.
Add 3 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled, to the batter.

Plain Muffins

INGREDIENTS

2 cups white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

PREPARATION

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter muffin pans. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour; the batter should not be smooth. Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes each.

Blueberry Muffins.
Use 1/2 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries, and stir them into the batter last.

Pecan Muffins.
Use 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. After filling the cups, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and more chopped nuts.

Whole-Wheat Muffins.

Date or Raisin Muffins.

Bacon Muffins.
That sounds wonderful! Do you grease the whole muffin tin or just the bottom? I always heard to just do the bottom.

That sounds wonderful! Do you grease the whole muffin tin or just the bottom? I always heard to just do the bottom.
I use non stick spray and quickly hit the bottom and some on the sides.

For using pans, it is best to follow the manufacturer instructions though. Some non stick would not need to be greased at all.

I use non stick spray and quickly hit the bottom and some on the sides.

For using pans, it is best to follow the manufacturer instructions though. Some non stick would not need to be greased at all.
I am lucky enough to have my grandma’s made in USA in the 1940’s (I’m guessing) heavy duty muffin tin. :gigJust for grins I put it on the scale. It weighs 1 1/8 pound! I don’t know why I felt compelled to actually take a pic of the thing. :oops: I think it’s too hot to do anything else.

Attachments

• 347BCAAB-FBEF-428B-97E7-8C1FAEC915D3.jpeg
    347BCAAB-FBEF-428B-97E7-8C1FAEC915D3.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 4

Plain Muffins

INGREDIENTS

2 cups white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

PREPARATION

Blueberry Muffins.

Pecan Muffins.

Whole-Wheat Muffins.

Date or Raisin Muffins.

Bacon Muffins.
Thanks Ron :)

Back
Top Bottom