Any Home Bakers Here?

9F79605E-160B-4B0D-8754-7E14B13C10FB.jpeg

To the left is a sunny side up egg I tried to make. To the right is the second attempt, with a pot lid and the lowest heat setting.

Low and slow with a lid, thats how you make a perfect sunny side up egg with a firm yolk.

That would explain step 1 of the recipe DW has for pizza dough.
I tried "just dump it all in at once" like I do my bread and it was fine.

Do we need to assign someone to mind you? ;)
A lot of older recipes do not have the option for rapid yeast. I just adjust for the type of yeast I am using.

I may have to do that tomorrow, I have some cream that's been in the fridge a couple of weeks and no good plans for it. have one of those nice jar churns. There is nothing like good fresh hand-churned butter! Do you rinse yours in a tightly-woven towel under cold water while kneading it with a rubber spatula till the water runs clear? If you do, it will last a lot longer and won't go sour. Get all the milk out. It's a pain but worth it!
Make the butter using your kitchenaid mixer with the whisk attachment. It helps if you have arthritis.

View attachment 2836320

To the left is a sunny side up egg I tried to make. To the right is the second attempt, with a pot lid and the lowest heat setting.

Low and slow with a lid, thats how you make a perfect sunny side up egg with a firm yolk.
Nice!

No, but he did have an electric fence that the kids were encouraged to touch to make sure it was working.
Grandpa had a sadistic streak!!

Now I need some old 8mm movies!
Maybe ask on social media? Must be some people that would like to clear out some old stuff. You might find some interesting old movies.

I don't know how old it is.
Me either but I'd guess it is very "vintage" if not outright antique.

Of course lots of us here are also vintage. No antiques though. I went to the vintage car show a couple of months ago. Well, actually I went to the Farmer's Market, the show just happened to be on the same road as the park where they have the market. I'd say 80% of the vehicles there were things that were in the parking lot when I was in High School.

Of course lots of us here are also vintage. No antiques though. I went to the vintage car show a couple of months ago. Well, actually I went to the Farmer's Market, the show just happened to be on the same road as the park where they have the market. I'd say 80% of the vehicles there were things that were in the parking lot when I was in High School.
I had purchased a 1939 Black auto. My husband was Service Manager at a dealership and YES a retired school teacher, not driving in Winter brought it in for a trade. We love antiques. AND
we purchased it for $100.00. And we had so much fun with it. My husband kept it up and we
finally decided to sell it. We GOT A LOT MORE for it. It was a super investment and we had lots of good times. Our two children loved it. Aria

Back
Top Bottom