Any Home Bakers Here?

I froze chili month ago and would u believe he wouldn't eat it!
I ended up eating it and it was just as good as the day I made it! His loss!
Yup!!
Coconut, peanut butter, choc chip cookies.
Was a bit of an experiment.

View attachment 2970750

Also it's mine and OHs wedding anniversary today, 4 years.. so good excuse to make him something nice.
Happy Anniversary!! And hopefully many more!!

View attachment 2970191

I limited out while ice fishing.

View attachment 2970192

Big one. 17 inches long, 1 pound 14 ounces.

All in all, a satisfying day.
I have never ever caught a fish, not even in a put and take 🙈 after i found out you have to kill the fish, I was kind of glad I never caught one, I also have a hard time culling roosters, so that’s ok

I have never ever caught a fish, not even in a put and take 🙈 after i found out you have to kill the fish, I was kind of glad I never caught one, I also have a hard time culling roosters, so that’s ok

I completely understand. For your information, you don’t HAVE to kill the fish. There is such a thing as catch and release. I do it most of the time.

In fact, the only times I don’t release and decide to keep the fish are either if the fish is going to die because I hooked it incorrectly, or if the fish is so big that it could feed the family.

Some fish, however, you don’t have a choice. Regulations say for some fish you have to release them right away.

I completely understand. For your information, you don’t HAVE to kill the fish. There is such a thing as catch and release. I do it most of the time.

In fact, the only times I don’t release and decide to keep the fish are either if the fish is going to die because I hooked it incorrectly, or if the fish is so big that it could feed the family.

Some fish, however, you don’t have a choice. Regulations say for some fish you have to release them right away.
Somebody told me, that the fish is hurt when you „catch and release“ them, and they get an infection and die anyways?! Just handeling them can also hurt their slimy skin and they get skin conditions too...I just heard it from somebody when we were watching somebody catching an releasing a big carp...

Somebody told me, that the fish is hurt when you „catch and release“ them, and they get an infection and die anyways?! Just handeling them can also hurt their slimy skin and they get skin conditions too...I just heard it from somebody when we were watching somebody catching an releasing a big carp...

I don’t know about the infection part, but the skin of SOME fish can be fragile, for example, sturgeon. This is why regulations in my state, Idaho, say for the snake river that sturgeon CANNOT be removed from the water. They must be released immediately.

I’ll do some research on this and get back to you. I am curious now.

Jared

Don't believe everything that you hear. I worked in a Fish Rearing Station. We handled fish all the time without any ill effects to them.

Fish need to be taken to help maintain the population. If the fish population becomes too great for their location, it results in a stunted population.

Back
Top Bottom