Any Home Bakers Here?

How do you make sourdough pancakes ?! 😋😋
Just got 2 sourdough breads in the refrigerator, date/ Walnut and rye/spelt , since i can’t walk very good right now I’ve kneaded it for the first time, instead of letting a machine do it, not sure on how it will turn out 😬 got dicy hands and right now also a dicy foot 🙄
It should be in the documents.
Sourdough pancakes

2 cups sourdough starter

2 eggs

2 Tbs sugar

1 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1Tbs water

Beat eggs

In separate bowl, mix together the sugar salt water and baking soda. Combine with the eggs.

Add sourdough.

Beat with a wooden spoon, do not over beat.

5E187532-8779-41FB-95E2-77D4A85DA94E.jpeg

8EB86E84-8B6D-4BF6-9AF1-C3DE18B0A65F.jpeg

Bread number 1 is done ( spelt and rye)

How do you make sourdough pancakes
I don't have a recipe. Here's what I thought would work, it did, it's tasty, so this is what I do. It's a use for SDS so I don't have to waste it when Judy (my starter, named for my mom) is hungry.

Pour enough sourdough starter to make one pancake in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon (more or less, I don't measure it) of cinnamon. Stir.

Melt butter in a small skillet on medium heat. When the butter is sizzling, pour in the pancake batter.

Play "whack-a-bubble" with the bubbles that form. When you have popped them all and the top is mostly dry, turn.

Cook about one more minute, until the bottom looks brown when you peak.

Slather on butter. Top with honey or jelly or jam.

Makes 1 pancake.

Got 3 wires sticking out of my big toe, fell over the dog on the day before Christmas and fractured my big toe in more than 1 place :(
If it doesn’t work out, I have to get a 2. operation where they cut open the toe and insert a metal plate 😧

I hope the pins work and it heals nicely.

If they have to open the toe then you lose the weeks you've been waiting and now you have more waiting time.

We'll see how it heals without surgery.

GOOD LUCK !

Back
Top Bottom