Any Home Bakers Here?

I too am excited!!
I would love you recipes I love trading them and I even have a cook notebook (with recipe cards) to put all the recipes I have. I collect local cookbooks from churches and benefits. I love them its like having peoples stories at my finger tips.

Here is the recipe I talked about. It says making bread in five minutes a day (and its true!!!)

recipe is made in a stand mixer.
3 cups warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons salt ( I use kosher or sea salt!!)
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Put water in mixer bowl ( i warm it up first to not drop the temp of the water down)
add salt (first before yeast I was shocked but went with it and it works and won't harm the yeast)
sprinkle the yeast over the water
measure out flour and dump it in the mixer

put mixer on slowest speed then turn it up to #2 or #3 just until is it all mixed and pulls away from the edge of the bowl

Let rest for 2 hours, ( i cover mine with a warm towel and I found the best place to put mine is in the microwave it is free of drafts and stays warm!!!)

When you are heating the oven place a pan that will hold water in while it heats up and just before you put the bread in put a few cups of water in the pan I use a 9x13
put bread in at 350 and bake for 60 minutes

best and easiest bread recipe to date!!!
I'm going to try this today!

jknox 1982 Thank you for sharing. It would be nice
to see your results. How many Loaves did you make? Size of tins you used. And a photo would be great. Looking forward to results of your Bake. I have seen your jknox1982 before?
They have not been on BYC since 2016 so you will likely not hear back from them! The quoted post was from 2014.

Did some serious baking last 2 days. This is Betsy Bread.:drool:drool:drool(recipe in index)
Of course in my effort to experiment,,,,,, I did do some changes.:old
@Sally PB ,, when you see your neighbor Betsy, you may casually mention that a person 200 miles away is constantly violating that recipe. :celebrate:gig

My changes;
The obvious visible ones.. Sunflower seeds on the 2, and Oatmeal flakes on the middle one.
Honey,,, I doubled recipe quantity amount. (@Aria inspired):thumbsup
Mashed potato flakes,, I tripled the recipe quantity amount.
Water,,, I substituted with Milk, and Whey
As a result of adding the extra mashed potato flakes,, (those mashed potato flakes really absorbed my liquid) I was not able to add my total flour to the mix. I seen the dough consistency, and judged, that the dough would be too low hydration if I added the last amount of flour. (I did not want a dense, bread, but rather a SOFT, and DELICIOUS loaf:) ) I did add the total recipe amount of oats BTW.
I baked @350°F for 35 minutes. Pan of water on bottom of oven.
Here are my resulting breads. Pulled them out when nicely tanned, and checked with thermometer for " Done" 200+°F
:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20220522_013020699.jpg

IMG_20220522_013030387.jpg

IMG_20220522_013034834.jpg

IMG_20220522_013039188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom