Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi, today we had 60 (16c) I almost expired in my warm coat while walking the dog, she could cool off in the water
902A6013-2E89-4FD5-9F76-B7487135544D.jpeg

EFCC8B15-A73F-48AD-B845-081563A82AEA.jpeg

I did an experiment with 7.5 cups of sap. I was trying to find out my trees sap to syrup ratio.

7.5 cups equals about 60 oz, I think. According to the Internet, a Norway maple trees sap to syrup ratio is 60:1. That means I should have 1 oz of syrup after boiling.

I boiled it down until it was very low and there was not much steam at the end. I got it down to 1/4 cup.

It’s a little sticky, but it tastes like real maple syrup.

I need to do this every year now!

View attachment 3436815

I did an experiment with 7.5 cups of sap. I was trying to find out my trees sap to syrup ratio.

7.5 cups equals about 60 oz, I think. According to the Internet, a Norway maple trees sap to syrup ratio is 60:1. That means I should have 1 oz of syrup after boiling.

I boiled it down until it was very low and there was not much steam at the end. I got it down to 1/4 cup.

What fun, Jared! One ounce is, what, like a couple of tablespoons? But I bet it was yummy.

View attachment 3436815

You will enjoy making Syrup. My husband loved doing it.

Back
Top Bottom