Any Home Bakers Here?

Bakers good morning one and all!

Tea is ready.

Temperature is in the 60s mostly cloudy.

Have a great day!
20240113_055545.jpg

Last edited:
I am so behind right now, dishwasher broke down, the new one will be delivered in a week, if I’m lucky 🙄 I had to laugh when they called me about the details, saying something about when it runs 2 times a week and I said it runs 2 time a DAY… so guess who is washing and drying dishes 3 hr every day 😩 can’t wait for the new one, and I’ve decided to use plastic dishes starting next week till the dishwasher arrives, hubby wasn’t pleased but shut up when I said he’s welcome to wash and dry the dishes, pots and pans every day 🤪 also, we have a cold snap and I’ve been “feeding the oven almost every hour, we used to have solid oak, great stuff, lasted hours, now the chopped oak is no more, I bought some beech briquettes, but they burn so fast 😬 were supposed to last at least 2-3 hrs. but the fire dies on me if I don’t feed it after 1,5 hrs 😬

Last edited:
I am so behind right now, dishwasher broke down, the new one will be delivered in a week, if I’m lucky 🙄 I had to laugh when they called me about the details, saying something about when it runs 2 times a week and I said it runs 2 time a DAY
Broken dishwashers are the worst as a mom either 4 kids at home I understand that pain!

I’m happy when the kids are home, but when the dishwasher is on a frizz, it’s not that nice, I also have the feeling, they come home, vacuum up all the food they can get and then go back to university, school whatever 🤷🏻‍♀️ since I’m also “nursing” a cold, nobody wanted to stay around very long 🤪 I of course got it from hubby, who coughed and sneezed his way through a week even though I encouraged him to isolate himself 🤪 so here I am 🙄 since he’s still working in homeoffice, he’s home all the time 🤪 I sometimes wonder what is the worst, broken dishwasher or washing machine, right now I’m sure it’s the dishwasher 😅 I also finally got an appointment with the doctor for the next hip replacement, on Feb. 28th, my not operated hip is really bugging me , it is just an appointment to look and see, then I get a date for the operation 😬

I’m happy when the kids are home, but when the dishwasher is on a frizz, it’s not that nice, I also have the feeling, they come home, vacuum up all the food they can get and then go back to university, school whatever 🤷🏻‍♀️ since I’m also “nursing” a cold, nobody wanted to stay around very long 🤪 I of course got it from hubby, who coughed and sneezed his way through a week even though I encouraged him to isolate himself 🤪 so here I am 🙄 since he’s still working in homeoffice, he’s home all the time 🤪 I sometimes wonder what is the worst, broken dishwasher or washing machine, right now I’m sure it’s the dishwasher 😅 I also finally got an appointment with the doctor for the next hip replacement, on Feb. 28th, my not operated hip is really bugging me , it is just an appointment to look and see, then I get a date for the operation 😬
If I had to choose between a broken dishwasher or washing machine, I'd definitely pick my dishwasher to be the one broken...even long term. I consider my dishwasher a convenience. My daughter or I could wash them, but the dishwasher frees up time to do other things. I really appreciate it during gardening/canning season.

On the other hand, I would not want to have to wash clothes by hand. I don't have a washboard nor the convenience of a wringer washer (which my sister-in-lawn and a couple of friends have and love to use). I think I would have a hard time with getting my clothes clean enough, getting the soap rinsed out well enough, and also ringing out enough water. I also don't like packing up laundry to haul somewhere to wash. I have too much to do to haul laundry around and wait for it to wash!!!!

If I had to choose between a broken dishwasher or washing machine, I'd definitely pick my dishwasher to be the one broken...even long term.
I have to agree with that. My dishwasher works... sort of. I have to pour the water in at the beginning of each cycle. So I know exactly how much water it uses!

The upside of this: I stay in the kitchen and get other stuff cleaned up. Pans, counter, sink, stuff put away. So I told hubby I do NOT need a new dishwasher until this one totally dies.

When I was first on my own, I washed my clothes in the sink and hung them over the tub to dry. Fun times... Only in memory.

Back
Top Bottom