Any Home Bakers Here?

it reads like it would come out more like a fudge or chocolate eggs lol since there is no flour substitute (like beans, or banana)
I want to try it I have everything except the bittersweet
YES! I have renamed that cake, "fudge quiche."

I used to call it, "that chocolate cake." People would ask me, "Sally, will you bring that chocolate cake to the potluck?"

A couple weeks ago, at a family fiesta, DD made a Cornbread cake. She got the recipe, online, and was all made from basics. It turned out quite tasty.:drool:drool:drool,
So myself being a pragmatist, decided to try my version of Corn cake.
Experimenting as I often do. :highfive:
Here is Play by play of my process. Total time was about 30 minutes. We don't wait for the cupcakes to cool. :gig:lau

My ingredients, plus one egg.
IMG_20240309_182852681.jpg

Here are the box instructions. I used 2/3 cup of the pears' Syrup
IMG_20240309_185335826.jpg

Mixed the syrup, egg, and Corn bread mix. By hand.
IMG_20240309_184715890.jpg

I placed the pear slices on bottom of cupcake papers. Then spooned in the dough mix.
IMG_20240309_184808015.jpg

Made 12 cupcakes.
IMG_20240309_185205347.jpg

Out of oven after 20 minutes,,, @425°F
IMG_20240309_191838561.jpg

Delicious. :drool:drool:drool
IMG_20240309_192021337.jpg

Notes.

Insnesnakos

I considered making this combo using Canned Peaches. I have made Peach cobblers in the recent past. There were no peaches in my cupboard, So I used what was on hand. I'm sure the Corn cake would taste equally good with ether choice of fruit.

A couple weeks ago, at a family fiesta, DD made a Cornbread cake. She got the recipe, online, and was all made from basics. It turned out quite tasty.:drool:drool:drool,
Here is Play by play of my process. Total time was about 30 minutes. We don't wait for the cupcakes to cool. :gig:lau

View attachment 3768379
View attachment 3768380
View attachment 3768381
I placed the pear slices on bottom of cupcake papers. Then spooned in the dough mix.
View attachment 3768382
Made 12 cupcakes.
View attachment 3768383
View attachment 3768384
View attachment 3768385

Notes.

Insnesnakos

I considered making this combo using Canned Peaches. I have made Peach cobblers in the recent past. There were no peaches in my cupboard, So I used what was on hand. I'm sure the Corn cake would taste equally good with ether choice of fruit.
Oh I am going to have to try this!

View attachment 3768379
View attachment 3768380
View attachment 3768381
View attachment 3768382
Made 12 cupcakes.
View attachment 3768383
View attachment 3768384
View attachment 3768385

Notes.

Insnesnakos

Thanks for the advice
It looks good

View attachment 3767418Okay the Blueberry Cookies are gone… so Coconut Oatmeal Experiment Recipe I mixed up tonight.

Again Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes

Ok grease your cookie sheet, I put a little Crisco on paper towel to do this.

I’m out of butter so Crisco is our star oil/fat tonight, fun fact Crisco has been Kosher since 1911, and can be used to cook dairy, plants and meats. It didn’t take off in Jewish Cooking till the Chicken Fat shortage in the mid-1920s because of a Chicken disease that killed chickens. But since Kosher cooking is a bit more complex cooking rules than standard American diet it really was a boon in opening up possibilities for lots of Jewish wives. So there is some Trivia for Trivia Night.

In a big bowl mix:
1 Cup Crisco melted with Brown Sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar Substitute tonight to get it used up) I think it was about 1 Cup possibly a bit more. This made this batch considerably sweeter than previous cookies as 1/2 Cup of this equals 1 Cup of Brown Sugar taste wise. Beat in 1 egg and then mix in 1 can of Coconut Milk. This will be very liquid, but don’t worry.

In a separate bowl mix 1 Cup Flour, 8 Packets of Regular Instant Oatmeal, about 1/2 bag of shredded, 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda.

Now gradually stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ones. This should make a nice sticky dough you can adjust consistency by adding either more Oatmeal or Flour to stiffen or to make less stiff I suggest add milk, coconut milk, coconut yogurt, vanilla yogurt, or plain yogurt. I had to stiffen the dough thus 8 packets instead of the 6 I used last recipe.

They have come out plump and absolutely yummy. They have a slightly different consistency than the Blueberry which had the yogurt, more crumbly but still very moist. I am thinking they need to cool a bit more to set, and might have needed extra flour. But they are Teen Tested and approved! My Nephew has eaten 3 and has declared them addictive. Not bad for first attempt on this experiment.

I think I maybe out of Oatmeal now… as I wonder can I make cookies out of Cream Of Wheat?
https://creamofwheat.com/recipe/white-chocolate-and-cranberry-cookies/

Back
Top Bottom