1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
2 Cups mashed banana
1 Cup chopped pecans

Frosting:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
7 Cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

* Preheat oven to 350*. Line 2 (9") round cake pans with parchment. Spray with baking spray with flour or grease & dust with flour
* In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and oil, whisking until combined. Add pineapple with juice, banana and pecans; stirring until combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
* Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks

* For frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add vanilla, beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with more pecans if desired.

Notes:
--I toasted the pecans before using in the cake batter
--I made my cake 3 layers instead of 2 so less batter was poured into the pans...that meant the baking time was shorter (took about 30 minutes).
--If your bananas aren't ripe, toss them in the oven while it's warming up for about 10 minutes...ta da, instant mushy ripe bananas
--The frosting recipe makes a LOT, I had about 1 cup left over. So either put more between layers or reduce the frosting ingredients

Just acquired a new egg customer
bun.gif

Many projects with first non rain days new coop planting potatoes
but am sure I will try it within a few days let you know the end result

HUMMINGBIRD CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

Cake:
3 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup vegetable oil
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
2 Cups mashed banana
1 Cup chopped pecans

Frosting:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
7 Cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

* Preheat oven to 350*. Line 2 (9") round cake pans with parchment. Spray with baking spray with flour or grease & dust with flour
* In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and oil, whisking until combined. Add pineapple with juice, banana and pecans; stirring until combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
* Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks

* For frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add vanilla, beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with more pecans if desired.

Notes:
--I toasted the pecans before using in the cake batter
--I made my cake 3 layers instead of 2 so less batter was poured into the pans...that meant the baking time was shorter (took about 30 minutes).
--If your bananas aren't ripe, toss them in the oven while it's warming up for about 10 minutes...ta da, instant mushy ripe bananas
--The frosting recipe makes a LOT, I had about 1 cup left over. So either put more between layers or reduce the frosting ingredients

Sounds great...

how do you cook the three layers?

2 at one time and the third after those are done or can you fit 3 in your oven at one time?

Sounds great...

how do you cook the three layers?

2 at one time and the third after those are done or can you fit 3 in your oven at one time?

I can fit 3 of the 9" cake pans in my oven at one time. I did rotate the pans 1/2 way through the bake time to get them evenly baked.

You should try it sunflour, it's an old southern recipe
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom