Any Home Bakers Here?

BullChick, would you mind sharing your ice cream recipe?
Basic vanilla is
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
Mix together until sugar is diluted.
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
Mix together.

Chill 1 hour to overnight.
Add to your ice cream machine or freeze several hours.

Butter pecan is just
4 Tb unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup pecans

Toast about seven minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, and add to the ice cream machine the last few minutes.

Coffee ice cream is just adding 2 Tb instant coffee grounds to the milk mixture.

Last edited:
Basic vanilla is
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
Mix together.

Butter pecan is just
4 Tb unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup pecans

Toast about seven minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, and add to the ice cream machine the last few minutes.

Coffee ice cream is just adding 2 Tb instant coffee grounds.

COFFEE ice cream?!?!?!!? Wowza, that would be worth trying.

Thanks for the recipe BullChick!

Basic vanilla is
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
Mix together.

Butter pecan is just
4 Tb unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup pecans

Coffee ice cream is just adding 2 Tb instant coffee grounds.
Thanks for the recipe!

Where did you visit in Wyoming Gracie? We moved here almost 2 years ago. It's taken some getting used to but there is a lot of pretty scenery & parks to visit.

I worked as a waitress on the Goosewing Ranch in Kelly, Jackson Hole for five weeks back in 2014. I’d been to other states before but for some reason found Jackson Hole to be a huge culture shock to the system - maybe it was because I lived there rather than visited. As you say, it takes getting used to but it is a very beautiful state and so interesting! The Tetons are stunning. The people I met were extremely kind as well. Whereabouts in Wyoming are you? Plus thank you for the butter pecan ice cream recipe :)

I worked as a waitress on the Goosewing Ranch in Kelly, Jackson Hole for five weeks back in 2014. I’d been to other states before but for some reason found Jackson Hole to be a huge culture shock to the system - maybe it was because I lived there rather than visited. As you say, it takes getting used to but it is a very beautiful state and so interesting! The Tetons are stunning. The people I met were extremely kind as well. Whereabouts in Wyoming are you? Plus thank you for the butter pecan ice cream recipe :)

You were up in the pretty part of WY :gig We're down in the south (not so beautiful) part. Where we are is more desert-like. Going from the UK to WY, the altitude must have been a bit difficult at first. And yes, visiting some place and living some place are different experiences!

@BullChick was the deliverer of the ice cream recipe. So far, I haven't been able to stop thinking about the coffee version!

You were up in the pretty part of WY :gig We're down in the south (not so beautiful) part. Where we are is more desert-like. Going from the UK to WY, the altitude must have been a bit difficult at first. And yes, visiting some place and living some place are different experiences!

@BullChick was the deliverer of the ice cream recipe. So far, I haven't been able to stop thinking about the coffee version!
make the coffee version and break up a couple of skor or heath candy bars into it...

1309594-ab8eb8daf1ee1d385f87048ba602f3a6.gif

Oh haha! I never pictured Wyoming to be desert-like. Yes there is quite a difference in altitude and the weather - we had snow - in July?! Do you get snow down south?

And I’m so sorry, credit to Bull Chick for the recipe. It’s nearly 12am here so I apologise for the slip up :hmm:)

Back
Top Bottom