Any Home Bakers Here?

When we had Silkies only...they lay SMALL eggs.
Now that we have EE, Rhode Island Red, we have LARGE eggs.
We love Silkies...we think they are beautiful to look at and have a docile personality....but EGGS....NO....the lay few and small. We still love Silkies but not to keep as a breed. We are looking forward to building our flock this Spring. Regards, Aria

I just use the eggs my girls give me. Unless they're weird tiny fart eggs, they seem to be about the same size as what I was buying at the store over the winter (when my lazy gals were taking their winter's rest).

Weird chart...I wouldn't have thought the JG eggs were almost the size of a duck egg either.
:lol: Ya know I was teasing about using emu or ostrich, right?
I need to use one duck and a bantam egg to equal two large.

63BA3C33-305C-4955-94FF-DEBB94A5823B.jpeg
262DDBBA-F60C-4A6F-9FE0-5974442DEA2A.jpeg
Made homemade butter today and bread :yesss:(I cheated using a bread maker ;)) but the butter was super easy to make. I seasoned it with salt and put it in a spare clover tub I had in the cupboard! I love uncut bread so I can cut it doorstop style for beans and toast haha.

I’m sure it’s probably already on here but just in case; butter was made from two 600ml pots of British double cream, whisked until the ‘milk’ separated from the butter, then the milk was drained. I washed the butter in cold water till the water ran clear and then pressed the remaining water out of the butter using spoons :)

View attachment 1328400 View attachment 1328399 Made homemade butter today and bread :yesss:(I cheated using a bread maker ;)) but the butter was super easy to make. I seasoned it with salt and put it in a spare clover tub I had in the cupboard! I love uncut bread so I can cut it doorstop style for beans and toast haha.

I’m sure it’s probably already on here but just in case; butter was made from two 600ml pots of British double cream, whisked until the ‘milk’ separated from the butter, then the milk was drained. I washed the butter in cold water till the water ran clear and then pressed the remaining water out of the butter using spoons :)
Nice job!

View attachment 1328400 View attachment 1328399 Made homemade butter today and bread :yesss:(I cheated using a bread maker ;)) but the butter was super easy to make. I seasoned it with salt and put it in a spare clover tub I had in the cupboard! I love uncut bread so I can cut it doorstop style for beans and toast haha.

Very impressed

Would mind sending some over here for lunch? :drool

Making your own butter sounds neat. How much is 600ml? And British Cream? Could I use Heavy Cream? And how many cups?
Who knows I may want to try and beat some heavy cream and make a little butter. Thanks
You use whipping cream. A quart will make a nice amount of butter--a bit over a pound. You can use organic if you want.

There are good you tube videos about making butter. I make it in my mixer

Making your own butter sounds neat. How much is 600ml? And British Cream? Could I use Heavy Cream? And how many cups?
Who knows I may want to try and beat some heavy cream and make a little butter. Thanks

I ran a conversion on the 600ml into cups and it's about equal to 2.5 cups.

Back
Top Bottom