Any Home Bakers Here?

I used a doughnut recipe for the bread machine. It’s actually a biscuit recipe. The woman posting the recipe also enjoyed donuts made from Pillsbury biscuit dough in her youth. If you have never made donuts from biscuits, all you do is use a drink cap to cut a hole in the center. I’ve also squished them into shapes.
View attachment 1329727 View attachment 1329729
Oooh thank you for this!! I can try it out in my bread maker x

Got some dough for more brioche buns rising.

AND...I made a homemade version of Ding Dongs :lol: They aren't factory perfect, but they look like they'll be delicious! Can't wait for DH to come home and try one. (Photo to come soon.)
4DE3D0EA-68B5-4B57-8032-1C1415E66973.jpeg
What on earth are Ding Dongs lol!!
:eek::th

Ding dongs where a chocolate covered and chocolate sponge type cake
creme filled centers one of my personal favorites.. Tried a recipe for baked chocolate
doughnuts got to the part that said spoon dough into a doughnut pan not here so we spooned them into a cupcake pan
001.jpg
found this old commercial for you @GracieJ

Does the company that took over Hostess sell Ding Dongs?

Yep, Hostess sells Ding Dongs now. But looking at the Internet Ding Dong pictures, it appears I've actually made Hostess Cupcakes. Ding Dongs don't have a squiggle on top and Cupcakes do. Whoever wrote the recipe should have done their homework!

Still waiting for DH to get home from work so we can cut one if half. I need to see that marshmallow-y inside!

Yep, Hostess sells Ding Dongs now. But looking at the Internet Ding Dong pictures, it appears I've actually made Hostess Cupcakes. Ding Dongs don't have a squiggle on top and Cupcakes do. Whoever wrote the recipe should have done their homework!

Still waiting for DH to get home from work so we can cut one if half. I need to see that marshmallow-y inside!
I love home made hostess cupcakes!

Back
Top Bottom