Any Home Bakers Here?

OK, here is the latest shot at bread. 5 sourdough baguettes and 2 things I will use as hamburger rolls.

Ready for the 3+ hours of rising at room temp
DSCN1950.JPG

Ready for the oven. I wouldn't say they are "very puffy" like the recipe says but clearly they did expand.
DSCN1951.JPG

Done. I had to switch the upper and lower trays mid bake and turn the trays around front to back since the oven is always hotter in the back.
DSCN1952.JPG

They came out a LITTLE dense but not bad, I guess they wanted more kneading?

OK, here is the latest shot at bread. 5 sourdough baguettes and 2 things I will use as hamburger rolls.

Ready for the 3+ hours of rising at room temp
View attachment 2029082

Ready for the oven. I wouldn't say they are "very puffy" like the recipe says but clearly they did expand.
View attachment 2029083

Done. I had to switch the upper and lower trays mid bake and turn the trays around front to back since the oven is always hotter in the back.
View attachment 2029084

They came out a LITTLE dense but not bad, I guess they wanted more kneading?
Or more proofing

It looks like good bread though!

I noticed that King Arthur Flour has their summer class schedule up on the web site for both Washington and Vermont. I've been eyeing them for a while now but always found them all filled up (class sizes are small). I finally signed up for one (baguettes) for the fun of it. I'll already be up in Vermont for another class (natural dyes), so this will be fun to do while I'm there.

The class sounds like fun! You'll have to give us a report on what it was like.

What are the natural dye classes about? Are you a weaver or natural fiber artist (sorry if the terms aren't right)?
They're classes that work with indigo and other items that you can use as dyes such as goldenrod, madder root, staghorn sumac (for tannins), and we use different techniques like shibori, Japanese rice paste, using mordants, etc. Then I come home and play around with it. I might actually offer some half-day shibori classes this summer. I live on an island, and you have to make your own fun.

Back
Top Bottom