Any Home Bakers Here?

DigMyChicks

Enabler
Apr 5, 2015
Appleton, MN
Your pizza looks great DMC!
Thanks Debby!
New here but I wanted to ask if anybody has a good frosting recipe? I made a chocolate zucchini cake last night and didn’t want to use my old buttercream frosting recipe so I tried a cooked frosting recipe from Pinterest. not so good 🤦🏻‍♀️
Does anybody have a favorite vanilla frosting recipe they would like to share?
Hi! What was your cooked frosting recipe?

ThreeOfSeven

Crowing
Jul 29, 2016
Shelter Island, New York
Just throwing this out.

I noticed that King Arthur Flour has their summer class schedule up on the web site for both Washington and Vermont. I've been eyeing them for a while now but always found them all filled up (class sizes are small). I finally signed up for one (baguettes) for the fun of it. I'll already be up in Vermont for another class (natural dyes), so this will be fun to do while I'm there.

bruceha2000

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
I bought olive oil once, it went bad and I never bought any after that.
Like other things I suspect how much one likes and uses olive oil depends on how they grew up. It was always in our house growing up, grandparents also used it.

I'll already be up in Vermont for another class (natural dyes), so this will be fun to do while I'm there.
You are going to come visit us? :D

bruceha2000

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
OK, here is the latest shot at bread. 5 sourdough baguettes and 2 things I will use as hamburger rolls.

Ready for the 3+ hours of rising at room temp
DSCN1950.JPG

Ready for the oven. I wouldn't say they are "very puffy" like the recipe says but clearly they did expand.
DSCN1951.JPG

Done. I had to switch the upper and lower trays mid bake and turn the trays around front to back since the oven is always hotter in the back.
DSCN1952.JPG

They came out a LITTLE dense but not bad, I guess they wanted more kneading?

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project manager
Premium member
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
OK, here is the latest shot at bread. 5 sourdough baguettes and 2 things I will use as hamburger rolls.

Ready for the 3+ hours of rising at room temp
View attachment 2029082

Ready for the oven. I wouldn't say they are "very puffy" like the recipe says but clearly they did expand.
View attachment 2029083

Done. I had to switch the upper and lower trays mid bake and turn the trays around front to back since the oven is always hotter in the back.
View attachment 2029084

They came out a LITTLE dense but not bad, I guess they wanted more kneading?
Or more proofing

It looks like good bread though!

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
I noticed that King Arthur Flour has their summer class schedule up on the web site for both Washington and Vermont. I've been eyeing them for a while now but always found them all filled up (class sizes are small). I finally signed up for one (baguettes) for the fun of it. I'll already be up in Vermont for another class (natural dyes), so this will be fun to do while I'm there.
The class sounds like fun! You'll have to give us a report on what it was like.

Top Bottom