Any Home Bakers Here?

Day 2 on the yogurt, I started a fresh jar last night with more store bought yogurt, so I had 1 with fresh milk and store bought yogurt and one that had 1 day old yogurt and fresh milk in it. Left it for about 12 hours under heat in the dehydrator. This morning, they had both thickened significantly and had chunks of yogurt textured bits but most of it was a nice thick cream texture. This is while it is still warm, it may thicken more if allowed to cool (but who has time for that??) I put one jar straight in the fridge, and had the other for breakfast, the one I had for breakfast I refilled and put back under heat to "cook" today while I'm at work. I will check on them both tonight.

Made this for dinner last night, it was good!

Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken

4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Cup water or chicken broth
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 Cup sour cream (or heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2 or greek yogurt)

1. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Season chicken generously with salt & pepper then add the chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and cover with foil on a plate, set aside.
2. Add onions to the same skillet (do not clean out skillet) and cook 1-2 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add the water (or chicken broth), lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle boil for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced down about 1/4 cup.
3. Whisk in sour cream (or other choices mentioned above). Turn off heat and return chicken to the sauce. Serve with steamed rice.

Cilantro Lime Rice

3 Cups water
1 1/2 Cups rice (not instant)
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Cook rice according to rice cooker directions.
@NFC I made this recipe one day for lunch. We have been having our biggest meal for lunch.

I had to modify it for two people. I only used two chicken breasts, didn't have lime juice so I used lemon juice, used dried Cilantro, and I used plain rice.

We had enough left over for a second meal. I put the rice, chicken mixture, and added some frozen peas and topped it with dried cranberries and raspberries with walnut pieces(This is in the salad toppings area). It was like having a brand new recipe.

We really enjoyed your recipe. Yes I would make it again.

Thanks,

Karen

Hi all, been a bit since I checked in but you guys have been busy! I decided to make some brownies today since I didn't have time for bread and added a crunchy peanut butter swirl. They smell delicious!

They sound great IM...can't go wrong with chocolate brownies and peanut butter :drool

Back
Top Bottom