Any Home Bakers Here?

Ok then! I'm jobless as of the end of the month, my daughter and her kids moved back in with us and I'm wishing I had some living dead to brighten my day.
I hope your daughter can help with the bills!

Do you have a new job lined up?

Last edited:
No I haven't even looked. I get a severance package and I'm taking March off to get organized. I'm hoping to find something where I can work @ home.
Does your state allow for home bake good to be sold?

Last edited:
A while back I worked on perfecting boston cream pie. I likes parts of different recipes so I combined them! Them. The cream filling is fairly fool proof too:

Boston Cream Pie​

Glaze

1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream Filling

2 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cake

Baking spray with flour to grease pan
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour or 1 ½ cups cake flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
¾ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg

Directions​

1. Separate the yolks from the whites and place the yolks in a small bowl. Beat the egg yolks with a fork or wire whisk until mixed. Stir in 1 1/2 cups milk; set aside.
  2. In a 2-quart saucepan, stir 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch and 1/8 teaspoon salt until mixed. Gradually stir egg mixture into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Press plastic wrap on surface of filling to prevent a tough layer from forming on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set but no longer than 24 hours. While filling is chilling, continue with recipe.
  3. Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray just the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with the baking spray.
  4. In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, stopping frequently to scrape batter from side and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape bowl. Pour batter into the pan; use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from bowl, spread batter evenly in pan and smooth top of batter.
  5. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a cooling rack 20 minutes, then remove onto cooling rack to finish cooling completely, about 1 hour.
When the cake is completely cool, use a long, sharp serrated knife to
slice into two equal layers. Fill with the pastry cream, spreading it right
to the edges. Replace the top layer.

1. Prepare the glaze by melting the chocolate, corn syrup, and cream together until smooth and lump free. Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the glaze over the filled cake.
Ron, This is a keeper...thanks for sharing Aria

20200219_174454.jpg

Pizza Time!

Prosciutto e funghi. Thats the type of pizza this is.

Back
Top Bottom