Any Home Bakers Here?

Remember, you do not always have to discard. Often you can add enough flour and water to get back up to a couple cups of starter-- I only toss starter when I clean the jar-- and that is not too often!
I don't discard every time either. That jar was more than half full and when the starter rises it almost overflows so I had to get rid of some to feed it.

Nothing fancy, but I made brownies with DS. We used a box... :oops: We used duck eggs in the batter and for fun we added marshmallows, chocolate chips and dabs of peanut butter. They turned out tasty.

Baking doesn't have to be fancy, your brownies sound good...way to dress up a boxed mix!

I don't discard every time either. That jar was more than half full and when the starter rises it almost overflows so I had to get rid of some to feed it.
Try adding a bit less so that it does not overflow the top. I often add half or 3\4 cup of flour and water.

Of course having too much starter is a good reason to make something!

Try adding a bit less so that it does not overflow the top. I often add half or 3\4 cup of flour and water.

Of course having too much starter is a good reason to make something!
Yes it is! I'm having tons of fun with it. Made more crumpets this morning for breakfast but I'd like to try a cake or something. Still browsing recipes.

Our son came over last night and the brownies disappeared.

I made 2 loaves of sourdough sandwich bread using the KA recipe. I used AP flour, that's all I have, and 1.5 cups whole milk instead of the powdered and water.
20200404_090552.jpg
20200404_091743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom