Any Home Bakers Here?

The bread I made Sat or Sunday got polished off as breakfast this morning.
I know this won't be nearly as exciting for you guys ....buuuut this last loaf, that turned out so well, stayed nice and soft and sliceable through til the end!
As in sliceable thin enough to fit in a normal toaster.

The thing about homemade GF bread is it doesn't normally slice well without falling apart.
I have nice proper bread slicing knives, and even slicing gadgets, but GF bread is well, different. Thick chunky slices are the norm. Thick like bagels, which don't cram into a regular toaster very well. 🤣

I know, you are saying but I've seen the thin stuff at the store?! Yes, you have. And it tastes like paper because it's nothing but pure starch. And even then, a good quality store bought loaf turns hard and crispy after opening and just does not have that nice spongey goodness that wheat based breads do.
Anywho, this last loaf stayed sliceable right up until the opposite crust and I was able to have toast until my heart was content. Toast!!
It's been years since I had toast for breakfast. *happy sigh* 🥰

This one is a keeper and my toaster is happy to be out of it's deep dark hole waaaaayyy in the back of the cupboard.

edit: typos

Last edited:
I know this won't be nearly as exciting for you guys ....buuuut this last loaf that turned out so well stayed nice and soft and sliceable through til the end!

The thing about homemade GF bread is it doesn't normally slice well without falling apart.
I have nice proper bread slicing knives, and even slicing gadgets, but GF bread is well, different. Thick chunky slices are the norm. Thick like bagels, which don't cram into a regular toaster very well. 🤣

I know, you are saying but I've seen the thin stuff at the store?! Yes, you have. and it tastes like paper because it's nothing but pure starch. And even then, a good quality store bought loaf turns hard and crispy after opening and just doesn't have that nice spongey goodness that wheat based breads do.
Anywho, this last loaf stayed sliceable right up until the opposite crust and I was able to have toast until my hear was content. Toast!!

This one is a keeper and my toaster is happy to be out of it's deep dark hole waaaaayyy in the back of the cupboard.
That does sound like a good Gluten Free recipe!

I know this won't be nearly as exciting for you guys ....buuuut this last loaf, that turned out so well, stayed nice and soft and sliceable through til the end!

I know, you are saying but I've seen the thin stuff at the store?! Yes, you have. And it tastes like paper because it's nothing but pure starch. And even then, a good quality store bought loaf turns hard and crispy after opening and just does not have that nice spongey goodness that wheat based breads do.
Anywho, this last loaf stayed sliceable right up until the opposite crust and I was able to have toast until my heart was content. Toast!!

edit: typos

Glad you have a bread you're happy with!

Back
Top Bottom