Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanks. It's nice to know people here look out for me. Thanks for looking out for me, as a moderator and as a friend.

Anyway, the medication I'm on does make me dizzy and loopy. So, I won't be baking for a few days. Maybe a week. Not sure.
Hi Jared! No worries, Kiddo, let your body heal. Just rest. Your kitchen will wait for you. :hugs

I made a batch of rhubarb wine last summer. When it was time to bottle it, I didn't because the amount of oxalic acid in it made it taste terrible. The person that gave me the recipe was just down last week to get some keets and asked about the rhubarb wine. I got the bucket out and opened it. It smelled like really good wine. I dipped out a small glass and offered her a taste. I said to feel free to spit it out since I knew what it had tasted like.

I was surprised when she didn't spit it out and offered her husband a taste. He asked me when was the last time I had tasted it. He also said it was better than the rhubarb wine they had had from that recipe. I tasted it. It is good wine now.

I need to bottle it. A year of aging the wine made an unbelievable difference.
Now you know!

A long time ago I lived in a house where I planted apple trees. It took about 3-4 years before they got any apples. Maybe that's not uncommon for fruit trees?

Our apple trees bare fruit their first year (I’m not sure how old the actual tree is) They start under 5’ tall. I don’t let them keep the apples till they are more mature though. Plums seem to be the same way. That reminds me, I want a couple plum trees too. Haha.
I’m sure the variety of tree makes a difference on when they start to produce. I need to start keeping a binder with the types of trees and shrubs I have are. I never remember the names of anything😑

Depends on the kind of cherry. Sweet cherries normally require a pollinator while tart cherries are normally self pollinating.
I’m not sure what kind mine is. I know it’s a zone 4 and I was skeptical that it would make it through the winter. It did good for its first winter considering we still hit -40 this past winter. Lower with windchill. I’ll try to find it’s tag. Maybe I need to go get a second tree....

@ronott1 or @rjohns39

Did this recipe make it into the Index? Maybe it's there and I just couldn't find it?
espresso-chocolate-chip-banana-bread-with-espresso-cinnamon-butter-2685975
I made a new banana bread recipe this morning, it's very good!
espresso-chocolate-chip-banana-bread-with-espresso-cinnamon-butter-2685975

Next time, I think I'll only use 2 oz. chocolate instead of 3. It's a bit too chocolatey and I'd like the banana to have a more pronounced taste.

Not a great picture, but here it is:

View attachment 2173292
It is in the index now

Thanks. It's nice to know people here look out for me. Thanks for looking out for me, as a moderator and as a friend.

Anyway, the medication I'm on does make me dizzy and loopy. So, I won't be baking for a few days. Maybe a week. Not sure.
It is best to rest up!

Back
Top Bottom