Any Home Bakers Here?

I can relate to that . I am still astonished by the fact that I would run across Ron after all these years ! I just can't believe that I was able to thank him . How likely is to find some one after 15 or so years . I am dumfounded . At that time I started making English Muffins .
English muffins is one of my favorites!

Chickenfinder, Many of us (ME) have Ron to thank for many things. And
the Sourdough Journey I have been traveling...has been fantastic. Answers to many questions, the knife to slice my baked bread....he is a
wonderful person. In fact....each and everyone are special persons. In life
we meet associates in business, in education and along the way....and this
forum WAS ONE OF THE BEST journey to meet associates that became friends. GOOD CARING FRIENDS. All here I my favorites. Aria
It is a very nice community here and I am very happy to read about Floyd doing better.

It has been a very hard year on us. Historically pandemics last roughly two year. Hopefully this one will wind down after this third wave.

Europe in in the second wave. :fl I am hoping it is not as bad as it could be!

A few days ago the wife made some apple crisp to take away with her sister for a stay at their brothers place.
Little did she know when I bought the 10 pounds of Macintosh apples I was going to make apple jelly. As soon as she drove out the driveway I started. I took all her apple peels and cores, cleaned them up. I cut up the remaining pounds of apples and proceeded to boil everything dow. I added 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the pot.
This being the first time I’ve tried to make apple jelly I knew it would be a bit of a challenge.
I didn’t tell her why I bought 10 pounds of apples but I had a plan and a mission. I had been researching apple jelly recipes for quite some time.
while I was boiling the apples and then draining them through cheese cloth I washed and sterilized my bottles, rims and boiled water for the lids.
After 4 hours I collected 10 cups of beautiful red apple juice. I added 9.5 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of butter. The butter is supposed to help make less foam when boiling the juice. As every recipe said when not using Commercial pectin just the natural of the apples boil until the mixture reaches 220. I was able to fill 5 pint Masson jars with jelly and put them in the water bath for 10 minute. Sadly 1 bottle broke. I’m not sure whether I had a bad bottle, but I did forget to turn the burner down and let it fully hard boil and the jar may have got a bump during the hard boil.
Thanks so much for the Jelly instructions and mini blog! The videos are wonderful too

Muffins are ready :drool

IMG_20201024_153537384.jpg
IMG_20201024_153543715.jpg

A few days ago the wife made some apple crisp to take away with her sister for a stay at their brothers place.
Little did she know when I bought the 10 pounds of Macintosh apples I was going to make apple jelly. As soon as she drove out the driveway I started. I took all her apple peels and cores, cleaned them up. I cut up the remaining pounds of apples and proceeded to boil everything dow. I added 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the pot.
This being the first time I’ve tried to make apple jelly I knew it would be a bit of a challenge.
I didn’t tell her why I bought 10 pounds of apples but I had a plan and a mission. I had been researching apple jelly recipes for quite some time.
while I was boiling the apples and then draining them through cheese cloth I washed and sterilized my bottles, rims and boiled water for the lids.
After 4 hours I collected 10 cups of beautiful red apple juice. I added 9.5 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of butter. The butter is supposed to help make less foam when boiling the juice. As every recipe said when not using Commercial pectin just the natural of the apples boil until the mixture reaches 220. I was able to fill 5 pint Masson jars with jelly and put them in the water bath for 10 minute. Sadly 1 bottle broke. I’m not sure whether I had a bad bottle, but I did forget to turn the burner down and let it fully hard boil and the jar may have got a bump during the hard boil.

Your apple jelly looks great!

chickenfinder, People on the forum are FANTASTIC and CARING. They
have been so supportive during many hard difficult times. Aria
I am sorry for your difficult times . I hope things get better for you. A person needs support during these times . I know that I feel lost because of my wife's terminal cancer. It's like watching her leave me and fade away and not a darn thing I can do . The frustration , confusion, and sorrow just to name a few . I made my mind to support her treatments and be a rock for her to hold on to but behind closed doors I am crying and broken inside . God bless , Mark

Back
Top Bottom