Any Home Bakers Here?

That's what happens to me sometimes but it's due to the high altitude. I see you're in MN, so that shouldn't be an issue, right?

This is what the site My Recipes says:
"Brownies generally have a lower ratio of flour to fat (butter and eggs) than many other baked goods, which makes them more prone to caving in the center. When you beat the eggs and butter you incorporate air into them, and the flour stabilizes the air bubbles. But if too much air is in the mixture for the amount of flour, the brownies "over-expand" as they bake, but collapse, or cave in, as they cool and the unstable air bubbles deflate.
To avoid this problem, says Michelle Tampakis, Senior Baking Instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, (1) add the eggs one at a time, and beat between each addition, and (2) avoid over beating the mixture—meaning too long or at too high a speed."
I have found that the collapsed brownies taste just fine.

I'm making a brownie Halloween treat for the neighbor girl, why did my pan of brownies sink in the middle? any ideas ? the recipe I used called for baking soda, searching for other recipes I realized chewy fudgy brownies dont call for baking soda or powder. I guess I'll try again without.
I like the recipes for brownies where you whip the eggs until thick and pale.

Try one of the recipes in the google sheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vEuD0gLksKLwQEH6LgpzmJNN4Q/edit#gid=756470854

151D9F63-E8F8-4A16-8515-1A2BA21BE466.jpeg
This one turned out good, no leavening agent. The other recipe was hershey's recipe I won't use it again. * the cocoa wasn't hersheys*

Back
Top Bottom