2 1/4 C seasoned flour
1 lb sausage meat
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
3 C breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil for deep frying

Preparation:

Preheat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit), gas 300 degrees.

Place four of the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for exactly three minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool in the water, peel and set aside.

Dust the boiled eggs in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Mix in the parsley with the sausage meat, add the Worcestershire sauce and divide the meat into four equal portions.

Form each portion into a flat cake large enough to fit around the egg then work the sausage meat around the egg as evenly as possible while keeping the egg shape and making sure there are no cracks. Place the scotch eggs in the fridge for twenty minutes to set up.

Remove from the fridge and roll in the seasoned flour followed by the remaining egg, beaten, then into the crumbs making sure to coat well at each stage.

In a deep pan, heat the oil to 180°C then fry the scotch eggs in the oil turning frequently for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs and place them in the preheated oven for five minutes or until golden brown all over.

I admit I bake mine 385 convection oven about 30 minutes uncover for 15 walla done.
Also feel free to mix some ground beef in, We do.

Potato bread is done. I don’t think I’ve ever made it before. I don’t think I’m sharing any with the dog either! :lol:
17C9FA4A-264E-4738-AD75-1FBF56D92DEA.jpeg 537F96D1-470E-4DA2-B013-728A6D5ECDD9.jpeg

Today’s Champlain bread. I’ve been having issues with slashing so spent some time yesterday watching videos.
I think one thing I didn’t do well enough was rolling it enough to get enough surface tension. The other thing I did differently was when I started to preheat the oven and skillet, I popped the dough into the fridge. Slashing went better, still needs work but I got a deeper slash and more oven spring. And almost got a couple ears! :)
3D7F5E94-99C8-46FF-9281-CA724317DB78.jpeg

Potato bread is done. I don’t think I’ve ever made it before. I don’t think I’m sharing any with the dog either! :lol:
View attachment 2501511View attachment 2501512
Today’s Champlain bread. I’ve been having issues with slashing so spent some time yesterday watching videos.
I think one thing I didn’t do well enough was rolling it enough to get enough surface tension. The other thing I did differently was when I started to preheat the oven and skillet, I popped the dough into the fridge. Slashing went better, still needs work but I got a deeper slash and more oven spring. And almost got a couple ears! :) View attachment 2501607

Nice looking breads!

looking for a recipe for using Italian sausage that's not too greasy and without being sausage and peppers!! you amazing cooks --please help me out!
This is one I don't have written down, make it from memory. It is supposed to use Broccoli Raab, which I had never heard of and definately couldn't get at the store in Wyoming, so I subbed in Broccoli and Spinach instead.

Italian Sausage and Broccoli

1 pound Italian Sausage
2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 pound of pasta (use rigatoni or other shaped pasta that will hold sauce well)

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water. Add broccoli to pasta & water for last 3 minutes OR remove pasta from water when done (al dente) and cook broccoli in pasta water. Either use slotted spoon to move pasta from boiling water to pan with sausage or reserve some of the cooking water when draining.

Brown Italian Sausage in pan. Either slice sausages into thin rounds, take out of casing and crumble, or use bulk sausage. When cooked, remove from pan and drain off most of the grease.

Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
Add reserved pasta water to add enough moisture to remove brownings from bottom of pan.
Add sausage back to pan.
Add pasta and broccoli to pan.
Stir in spinach and make sure there is still about 1/8 inch moisture on bottom of pan. Cover and let spinach cook down. about 2 minutes.
Stir well and serve.

I think one thing I didn’t do well enough was rolling it enough to get enough surface tension. The other thing I did differently was when I started to preheat the oven and skillet, I popped the dough into the fridge. Slashing went better, still needs work but I got a deeper slash and more oven spring. And almost got a couple ears! :) View attachment 2501607
The bread looks very good!

Are you using my recipe?

This is one I don't have written down, make it from memory. It is supposed to use Broccoli Raab, which I had never heard of and definately couldn't get at the store in Wyoming, so I subbed in Broccoli and Spinach instead.

Italian Sausage and Broccoli

1 pound Italian Sausage
2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 pound of pasta (use rigatoni or other shaped pasta that will hold sauce well)

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water. Add broccoli to pasta & water for last 3 minutes OR remove pasta from water when done (al dente) and cook broccoli in pasta water. Either use slotted spoon to move pasta from boiling water to pan with sausage or reserve some of the cooking water when draining.

Brown Italian Sausage in pan. Either slice sausages into thin rounds, take out of casing and crumble, or use bulk sausage. When cooked, remove from pan and drain off most of the grease.

Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
Add reserved pasta water to add enough moisture to remove brownings from bottom of pan.
Add sausage back to pan.
Add pasta and broccoli to pan.
Stir in spinach and make sure there is still about 1/8 inch moisture on bottom of pan. Cover and let spinach cook down. about 2 minutes.
Stir well and serve.
this looks good! I could use rice instead of pasta, I think. SIL is gluten free

Back
Top Bottom