Any Home Bakers Here?

That sounds good. What ingredients did you use and how is a mug cake done :)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake:

1 Tbsp melted butter or coconut oil

1 Tbsp Granulated sugar

1 Tbsp Brown sugar

Pinch salt

Few drops vanilla extract

1 Egg yolk

1/4cup All purpose flour

2 Tbsp regular or mini chocolate chip

Direction:

Combine melted butter or oil, sugars, egg yolk, salt, and vanilla inside the mug.

Add flour and mix

Add chocolate chips and stir
if desired you can sprinkle a few on top.

Microwave for approximately 50-60 seconds. The cook time will very depending on your microwave.

Serve while still warm can be topped with vanilla ice cream.

Morning bakers had a strange event last night made pizza. Like allot of the time used pesto. I store it dry in the freezer, regenerate as needed with olive oil.
Most the way baking at 425 as always, smoke started rolling from the oven. :confused: The olive oil seemed to flow off the pizza.. Never had that before :idunnoAny guess to what happened just too much oil added ? on the pesto ?
Yes, thatā€™s most likely a part of it ... you may have also accidentally gotten it too close to the edge and when the crust rose, some of the oil ran off the edge to the outside. Next time be sure to put a puddle of sauce in the center, then slowly spread it in a spiral outwards toward the edge, stopping at least a full inch from the edge... even more if itā€™s a thicker crust.

If you had oily toppingsā€” sausage, pepperoni/salami, hamburger, full fat cheese, etc. ā€” some of the grease from the toppings couldā€™ve been a part of it, too. To combat that, I like to use paper towels to absorb any pooling grease I see around the toppings... dab, dab dab... I know I certainly donā€™t need the excess fat, and I think it tastes better without the extra grease, anyway.

šŸ¤¤ Has anyone tried yeast risen pancakes, they're delicious, my husband was reacting badly to baking powder/soda pancakes so I searched for a recipe with yeast and they really turn out fluffy and tasty, I'll be making some later and having them with our spring honey (it sort of tastes like maple syrup, yum). And later I'll make "Tortas de Agua" the only thing close to them I could describe are baguettes but the shape is different, I'll post a pic later. Have good day everyone

šŸ¤¤ Has anyone tried yeast risen pancakes, they're delicious, my husband was reacting badly to baking powder/soda pancakes so I searched for a recipe with yeast and they really turn out fluffy and tasty, I'll be making some later and having them with our spring honey (it sort of tastes like maple syrup, yum). And later I'll make "Tortas de Agua" the only thing close to them I could describe are baguettes but the shape is different, I'll post a pic later. Have good day everyone
Yes growing up my dad would make a buttermilk yeast pancake batter. Made the night before and stored in fridge. Yummy.

Thank you Ron. That was my prettiest loaf so far but I was surprised when I cut into it that the crumb was fairly even with only a couple big holes. Could that be a little too much flour? Some of my flatter loaves had the more open texture.
Play around with the amount of flour until you get the crumb you like.

Some like them with bigger air pockets. Others like the smaller bubble like crumb.

That is the only pancakes I make now!

They taste like donuts LOL!

Back
Top Bottom