Any Home Bakers Here?

Guess who’s going on a spring black bear hunt?
Mr. Ranger??
(If you don't know about Yogi Bear then nevermind)

They say time heals...for me...probably never.
It can be hard. My stepmother died 14 years ago, Dad said recently that it does slowly get better. Mind you he still signs cards with both of their names. Gone but not at all forgotten. I'm sure this last year has been harder since he lives in a gated "life plan" community and even people in the community haven't been able to interact much until recently. Now that they have all been vaccinated things are opening up. My sister and her kidults were able to go visit last week though they had to stay outside in the backyard.

Debby, It is so LONLEY,,,I so miss my Floyd. And I am doing best I can. It is a slow heal. I think last night was a first almost a good night's sleep. I miss having my partner in my bed of course. I know it
is going to take a LONG TIME to start functioning. There are so many
changes and most of them I do not like. I Loved our Life...it was a super marriage. They say time heals...for me...probably never. Thanks
for asking. Aria
We are here never replaces might make it easier to accept.
Hold those memories closest

There is a file at the front of this thread (first page)
Welcome to Bakers thread great reason to celebrate. I have made this one
Chocolate Raspberry Swiss roll

Ingredients

For Chocolate Sponge Cake:

6 large egg
3/4 cup (150g) white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (40g) dark cocoa powder
teaspoon (4g) baking powder
1/2 cup (60g) confectioner's sugar, for dusting

For Raspberry Filling:

2 cups (250g) fresh raspberries, blue berries or blackberries
3 tablespoons (45ml) raspberry liqueur, or non-alcoholic syrup.
For Creme Filling:

3/4 cup (175ml) heavy cream, cold
1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
8 ounces (226g) whipped cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (118ml) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon (5ml) raspberry extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12x17 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spray sides with baking spray; set aside.

Prepare the chocolate sponge cake. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla into a mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are voluminous and white in color. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients in small increments into the egg and sugar mixture. Fold gently but thoroughly, combining everything together.

Spread the cake batter over the prepared parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until top is set. Work quickly with the hot cake: sprinkle the top with confectioner's sugar; this will help prevent your kitchen towel from sticking to the cake. Lay a clean tea towel, kitchen towel or parchment paper over the top; arrange a wire rack or second pan over that and invert the cake. Remove the parchment paper, fold the towel over the edge and gently roll the cake into a log. Set aside to cool completely.

Once cake is cooled, prepare the crème filling. Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl: heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, butter, cream cheese and raspberry extract. Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form. DO NOT OVERMIX! This is important; otherwise, filling will separate. If not assembling cake right away, set the filling into the refrigerator.

Prepare the raspberry filling. Simply combine the fresh raspberries with raspberry liqueur and using a fork, crush the berries into syrup.

To assemble the cake, unroll the cake log very gently. Top first with raspberry sauce, then add the crème filling, spreading to the edges. Reserve some filling for the top to use as garnish. Gently roll the cake back into a log, starting from the same end.

Garnish the top with reserved filling, fresh raspberries and mint leaves. Place cake roll into the refrigerator to

Back
Top Bottom