Any Home Bakers Here?

My lips are sealed!!! Ok I’m off to shape my sourdough loaf ! I haven’t bought any bread for at least a couple of months now since I’ve been making Ron’s Champlain bread. The only trouble is this one turns out so well for me so easily that I haven’t tried any other recipes.
That is too funny!

I almost never buy bread either.

Had a major plumbing issue here at the new house. Took me and two others 2 to 3 hours to fix it. Drains were backing up, we didn’t know what the problem was. Me, my father, and the previous owner of the house teamed up to tackle the job.

We discovered that somebody a long time ago decided to pour a whole bunch of grease down the drain, and not use the grease trap. Pipe was clogged for about 6 TO 8 FEET of just grease!

It was DISGUSTING! Previous owner did not know this was building up in the pipe when he sold it to us.

It was a VERY dirty and smelly job, but me, my father, and the previous owner worked together and we got it fixed.

I’m wiped out. No baking today.

I will have to look up this Champlain bread. I haven't heard of that before. Happy baking :)
It’s in the recipe index here. You mix it up before bed, cover and leave on counter overnight, then in the morning when you get to it you a few stretch and folds then shape, let proof in basket or towel lined bowl, then turn out onto platter, Score and bake in a heated heavy casserole.
There was a bit of learning curve here, when shaping you need to pay attention to the surface tension of the dough. There are many videos demonstrating this, you may already know this, but I didn’t. Also the towel needs to be dusted with rice flour, also I gently rub it on the dough before putting it upside down in the proofing basket. Videos on that too!

I don't bake as often as I'd like to. My hubby doesn't care much for homemade bread and I don't think it's because I'm bad at it, more like he grew up on wonder bread :sick his favorite stuff is convenience foods and candy etc. It has taken me a long time to not be insulted by his negativity. If I bake bread I'm going to have to eat all of it myself or toss it to the crows :rolleyes:

And just going to add here, I don't always hit like buttons so don't anyone have hurt feelings about it please.

You have them upside down, the cookie topping goes on top bread under.
The bread looks very poofy though.
As long as they taste ok it doesnt matter. You can always have another go :). Its part of the fun of trying new recipes.. learning along the way.
Oh, well I liked it my family did not. It was interesting to make…. When you have to measure everything in grams.

YES!

just made some toast loafs and shared with family and neighbors!

Attachments

• 23913.jpg
    23913.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 23914.jpg
    23914.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 23915.jpg
    23915.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom