Any Home Bakers Here?

DH is gone for the week, so I am having WHATEVER I WANT for dinner. Today it's "everything left over" fried rice. (He won't eat rice. Period.)

Rice, garlic scapes, onions, spinach, eggs, spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese.
I made another meal with my pre-cooked rice & veg from the day before. I fried spring onions ginger, chilli and kale boiled 2 eggs and it was a quick and very tasty meal . Hope you enjoyed your rice :)

Grownies are in the oven! It's cool enough that it won't heat up the kitchen. 51 outside now. A far cry from starting the day at 75 and going to 89, like last week. AHHHH!

My other cooking thing today is making bone broth in the Instant Pot. Hubby hates the smell, so I like to get it done when he's not home.

I have gobs, and I mean GOBS of onion to put in it this time. When I use Egyptian Walking Onions, I use the bottom bulb as the onion part. I cut up the greens for green onions (get a lot of those, and they keep well in the fridge), and then there's the "in between area." Not quite green onion, but not tight enough to slice as onion, either. So I put them all in the "stock stuff" bag in the freezer.

I have a question I know someone here can answer.

I have a lovely oregano plant that is growing very well. How do I use fresh oregano in a recipe? I use a scant teaspoon of dried oregano when I make spaghetti sauce. How much fresh would I use instead? Just leaves, or can I use the stem parts too?

I usually use this to figure out the swapping of fresh vs. dried: 1 teaspoon of dried equals 1 Tablespoon of fresh.

I have a question I know someone here can answer.

I have a lovely oregano plant that is growing very well. How do I use fresh oregano in a recipe? I use a scant teaspoon of dried oregano when I make spaghetti sauce. How much fresh would I use instead? Just leaves, or can I use the stem parts too?
I pull of the leaves in the opposite direction, if you know what I mean, then chop parts if the stems and add to my broth. :)

Back
Top Bottom